Marriage

Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.
~Gibran

32.

'What does it mean?' Kook asked curiously.

Tae smiled. 'It's a sonnet Shakespeare wrote. Suga hyung shared it a day before marriage. It's called, Let me not to the marriage of true minds, I was looking at the sky and I don't know why but it got me thinking of the sonnet out of no where.'

'Will you read it out to me hyung?' Kook asked curiously.

'Sure baby.' Tae said.

Kook blushed at the nickname. No matter how many times hyung says it. He never gets used to it.

Tae starts, his voice soft and smooth as the waves washed the shores and the moon was starting to come up.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wand'ring bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me prov'd,
I never writ, nor no man ever lov'd.

As Tae ended the sonnet, Kook was mesmerised. Tae's voice soft and sweet. The words... The definition of love written in 1590s and still true today. He didn't want Tae to stop speaking.

So he asked, 'What does it mean to you hyung?'

Tae responded honestly, 'Umm.. I have to accept that I I - I have no experience in love.' Tae stopped and gathered his thoughts. He needed to stop stuttering. He was a CEO for fuck's sake. After a break, he looked at the sky and closed his eyes and started speaking,

'So, yeah as I was saying... I don't know what love is. But reading this---it just... It made me mesmerised by the purity of it... How Shakespeare writes that two loves never let any hindrance come their way... How true love never changes... It's beautiful how he says that love doesn't change in the face of storms... How it stays constant irrespective of time... True love lasts till the end of the world... How he just writes so easily that if any of what he has written is ever proven wrong.... Then i never wrote a single trie word in my life and no man has ever loved... His surety... His belief of what love is and how he sticks to it so hard that even after centuries no one has ever been able to refute it. It amazes me that something someone felt centuries ago stands the test of time and is still true today.'

Kook was honestly amazed at the explanation. Yes, that's how true love is supposed to be...

'It's beautiful, hyung.' Kook said.

Tae turned to Kook. Both of them lying in the sand and the moon overhead---a witness to their conversation.

Tae sighed as if gathering courage to speak what he was about to say,
'I may not know what love is Kook but if I ever know what love is I want to feel this feeling with you.'

Kook's heartbeat fastened. His heart thumping in his chest like the skin of drum that is constantly being played. This was his chance. It was now or never. Their relationship was on a precipice. This moment would decide if they would stay friends forever or be lovers one day.
He didn't want to lose this chance.