Her Decision

I landed in Seattle after a long flight and was met by my Aunt at the airport to escort me back to my Family's penthouse. My mother was already at the hospital and suggested I head home first to get rest before visiting.

"I'll see you later Natalie" I said and waved to her before she drove off and left me in front of the building. I pulled my suitcase behind me and walked inside to meet the doorman and get the spare key from him.

"I need the key for Nicholas Han's penthouse" I said as he nodded and grabbed it from a drawer. I thanked him and headed into the elevator. It had been 3 years since I was last in Seattle and it was weird to be back with these circumstances.

I haven't talked to the members since before the showcase since there wasn't time for me to explain to them, but my cousin told me the showcase finished fine without me. I unlocked the doors and walked in, throwing my suitcase to the side and locking the door behind me.

"I really don't miss this" I mumbled as I took my shoes off and started turning on the lights. I picked my suitcase back up and carried it upstairs to my old room. My room was still the same. Walls covered in trophies from dance, ballet, volleyball and figure skating. My old volleyball shoes were hung up with my ballet shoes and figure skates beside them on different hooks.

It was still early enough, so I don't think it'd hurt if I went to the gym and played some volleyball. I changed out of my outfit and into a pair of shorts and sweatshirt before slipping on my shoes and grabbing the necessities. I sent a quick text to my mother to let her know where I was going and left.

The gym lights were on and I walked in to find the high school volleyball team doing a night practice. "10 laps!" The couch yelled as the girls groaned and started to run. "Huh? Sorry, but the gym is occupied as you can see" The couch told me as she walked up to me.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to play some volleyball" I mumbled to her. "Wait. You're Emily Han correct? These girls talk about a powerful spiker that was here for a month before leaving" She said as I nodded.

"I'm not that good" I slightly chuckled. "Well, since you're here. Why don't you join our practice?" She said. "Ah, I don't know. I really just wanted to practice on my own" I mumbled and watched the girls finish their laps.

"It's fine. Now c'mon we're gonna play a practice match" Coach smiled and led me over to everyone. "If it isn't Emily Han, the ace of dance and volleyball" My old teammate chuckled. We played volleyball together during elementary and that one month during high school.

"Haleigh, nice to see you again" I said and shook her hand. She was a setter and people called us the unstoppable duo for a while. "I heard you're in a K-pop group? Enhypen, correct?" She asked as I nodded.

"Hey after practice, we're all going to Haleigh's house for a small party. Wanna come?" Another girl asked me. "No, I'm good. I'm just here to play for a while" I said. "Me and Emily will be captains. Let's see how outta shape you've become" She teased.

After choosing teams, we started to play and Haleigh was still the cocky girl I've known. We never got along but played nice for everyone else. I hated knowing she was better than me now after I quit.

"Wow, moving to Korea really made you soft" She laughed as I stood up from diving for the ball and wiped my sweat. "Maybe I'm just going easy on you. I've got to be nice and let you keep MVP" I said and stared at her through the net.

"Don't get too cocky Han. Everyone knows you can't keep up with us" She said and glared at me. "Let me prove you wrong. After all, I was the ace" I smiled and walked back to my spot.