Strangers

Lukas Heinrich. I was an academic extraordinaire, some people called me a prodigy. I called myself lucky. I wasn't a person to study, better yet, I wasn't a fan of school in general but yet, everyone looked up to me. My grades were the top of the class, maybe even the entire school. My IQ was quite high compared to the rest of my school, but what's one measly test? 

High Grades. Being a Star Player in Basketball. None of that mattered to me, only one thing ever mattered to me. My father. 

I didn't know who he was, it was always a sensitive topic for my mother. But, despite never having him in my life, my mother was an amazing parent. She worked hard to get to where she was now and she was always proud of me. Except for the times I came home late after running around the city for no reason. Running around the city, was actually a way for me to kind of torture myself. Seeing the families, the happy together families, made me jealous. 

Why couldn't my father stay? Was it me? What did I do to make him leave me, leave us?

That was until he came. When my view changed completely.

~ March 17, 2021 ~ Frankfurt, Germany

"Hold it Lukas, you're going to study in Korea?" Milo asked me as we walked down the busy streets.

"What's the issue? It's just for 4 months and I got the rare chance to be working with Lee Jaesung"

Lee Jaesung, a famous model and actor in Korea. Made his acting debut in 2016 and rose to fame from there. He made his modeling career in 2018, walking a few runways that year. He was always the type to help young, aspiring artists so he decided he would start a program where you would get to be like an intern for him for 4 months. He'd take you to shoots, gigs, anything he did. He wasn't able to do it in 2020, but he decided to bring it back this year and I was excited because I was chosen through, probably, lots of applications.

"What about your mom, is she okay with this?" Jacob asked.

"She wasn't completely on board, but since it's fully paid for, she finally agreed" 

"You got on your knees and begged her, didn't you?" Milo teased and laughed as Jacob joined him. I just shrugged them off, who cares how I asked for permission, I got it in the end.

While we walked down the streets, we slowly came to one of the bigger companies in Frankfurt. Han Co. I'd only been in Frankfurt for 4 years, but I rarely ever saw the CEO here. I heard he runs multiple companies in multiple countries. Nicholas Han, or in Germany they spelt his name Nikolaus Han. He was born here, it's only understandable.

"Why are there so many people? And so many bodyguards" Milo asked and looked around at the crowd, bodyguards lined up, leading to the entrance. "Damn, this is annoying"

We were stuck behind the crowd and just watched, wondering why everything seemed so, protected. One of the perks about me, was that I was 6'4 in feet or in centimeters, 193.5. My friends were pretty tall too, but I stood out in a crowd, sometimes more than I liked.

I'll never forget the look on his face.

"We're going to be late for the movie Lu!" Milo complained as we stood around near the company building. I sat on a bench and stared at my phone not really caring about the situation.

"Once Nikolaus comes, I'm sure the crowd will clear and we can pass by. He's a famous and rich man, he needs his space" Jacob tried to reason with Milo, but he was more focused on the movie.

While we chatted, a line of cars started to line up in front of the building, the middle one being the one directly in front. That caused all three of us to jump up and put back on our masks as we walked back over to the crowd.

"Finally! As soon as he passes, we'll just run to the Theater" Milo was determined to get his movie ticket, but his real motive was the popcorn.

"You didn't even want to see the movie with us until we mentioned popcorn" Jacob joked around and laughed, which caused Milo to get a bit flustered. While we were busy laughing, he came out of his car and waved to the crowd, shaking some people's hands.

I turned to the commotion. Our eyes met, but it was more of a shock of anger than happiness.

That icy cold glare.

He can't be...

I'll never forget the shock on his face.

Those blue eyes and black hair...

I felt a sense of hatred. 

He can't be the same person...

Why do we look so familiar?

Why does he look like me?

"Hey Lu, are you okay? You're staring mad hard" Jacob kind of shook my shoulder, snapping me out of my trance. For a moment, I felt like it was just me and him around, and no one else could see us.

"Sorry, just got lost in my thoughts" I nervously chuckled, but glanced back to him as he walked back into his company. 

"The crowd is moving, c'mon you two!" Milo started dragging us as we made our way through the crowd.

I want to see him again, but I don't at the same time. Nicholas Han... What connections do you have to me? And why, do I feel a sense of hatred towards you?