Bad Circumstances

I woke up the next morning after an exhausting night of having trouble sleeping. The time difference between Korea and Seattle was too much and I just wasn't used to it. I put my glasses on and rolled out of bed with my phone in hand.

It seemed as if my mother had already left to visit my dad, so I was left alone. I walked down to the kitchen and saw a note lying on the Kitchen counter.

Your Uncle and Cousin are arriving today, show them around the place and help them unpack. Aunt Natalie will be around to bring you three to the Hospital later.

I walked around my kitchen, trying to find a spoon. "Jeez, before mom left she should've showed me where everything is" I mumbled to myself as I heard my phone buzz from the living room.

As soon as I ran to it, the caller ID said Jongseong ❤ ️. I immediately picked up and put the phone on speaker. "Hey, love" I said and walked back to the kitchen.

"Jagiya, you sound tired. Are you getting enough sleep?" Jay worried as I set my phone on the counter with it on speakerphone. "I'll slowly get used to the time difference" I said as I finally found the silverware.

I picked up a spoon and grabbed out the jar of peanut butter. "So, why did you call?" I asked. "Well, we just got done with washing up after practice so I wanted to check up on you. Check on your dad" Jay said.

"Dad is good. I miss Korea. Missing you. And my dad's half brother is visiting soon" I said. "Is your dad really okay? Like is he up and talking?" Jay started asking. "Mom said he was talking her ear off, so I'm sure he's fine" I assured.

I grabbed a spoonful of peanut butter before closing the jar and putting it back into the cabinet. "It's weird to be apart from you now. I was so used to waking up beside you everyday" Jay chuckled.

"Luckily it's only for the rest of the week then i'll be back with everyone" I said and carried my phone to the living room with me. "Heeseung hyung and Sunoo have decided to take your parts during promotions for now" Jay said.

"I just realized I'm missing Ni-Ki and Sunghoon's birthday" I pouted. I don't mind missing Sunghoon's, but I'm missing Ni-Ki's. Again.

"Do you want me to get Ni-Ki and Sunghoon a present for you?" Jay asked. "No, I'll get a souvenir while I'm here" I sighed before hearing the doorbell go off, over and over again.

"I really miss you guys, tell Ni-Ki to call me. I really have to go, my Uncle is here. I love you, goodbye!" I quickly said and hung up. I tossed my phone aside and ran to get the door before my Cousin busted the doorbell.

"Jisung I swear to God!" I shouted and opened the door. "Eun Ae!" He exclaimed and gave me a hug. "Jisung" I smiled and let him go before giving my Uncle a hug.

They looked around before taking their shoes off and carrying their bags to the Living room. "So, where is Soojin?" My Uncle asked. "Hospital. She left early this morning" I told him as he nodded and sat down.

"How is Nicholas? That stress-filled heart of his still working?" My Uncle teased as I sat down and laughed. "Don't worry about him, he'll be fine. He's back to his normal self now" I told him as Jisung messed with the TV.

I snatched the remote from Jisung as he gave me a pout and scrolled on his phone. "Your debut showcase was amazing" My Uncle told me. "We came as fast as we could after hearing the news" Uncle said.

"Yeah, sorry about Uncle Nicholas. I was looking forward to seeing him again in Korea" Jisung said. "Before we go out to see Dad, let me show you guys to your room" I said and helped them pick up their bags.

I led them upstairs to the guest house and laid their bags down. "Why is the guest room just a guest house on top of the actual house?" Jisung asked and looked around.