I'll be there

After extreme cleaning of every single room in my giant house, I finally finished. "I'm never cleaning in my life, ever again" I sighed and flopped on the couch. I scrolled on my phone for a few seconds before realizing I had a few texts from my mother

There is a chance I'll stay here throughout the night. I told your Uncle to order food or take you out        -9:46am

Your father's condition isn't getting worse, don't worry       -9:57am

Tell your Uncle to call me       -10:09am

He's probably turned his phone off, so I won't even attempt it. I had almost forgotten about MAMA until I saw about it on my socials. I bet Jisung will be leaving tomorrow or the day after so he can be there, but I highly doubt I'll be attending.

I heard a few knocks at my door and quickly opened it, thinking it would be Jisung and Uncle. "You're back earlier than expected" I said as I swung open the door. Instead it was one of my good friends Yiyei.

"Good morning" She smiled and walked in with her bag. "What are you doing here?" I asked as she made herself comfortable. "I was called down here for Nicholas" She said. "Don't you have some soloist stuff to do though?" I asked.

"Don't worry about me. Where is your mom anyway?" She asked as I sat beside her on the couch. "Hospital with my dad. You're going to have to stay in my room for a while" I said as she nodded and flipped through channels. "You're really silent" She said.

"You're pretty silent too" I said. "How's you and Jay?" She suddenly asked. "What about Jay and I?" I asked. "You're obviously dating him. During I-Land you spent so much time together, so I think it's pretty obvious" She said.

"Okay, I'm dating Jay. But, we aren't allowed to be open about it so you have to keep quiet please" I begged as she chuckled. "I won't tell anyone, just don't be obvious" She said.

Are we obvious? I mean, I lock arms with him in public, but that's also because I wander easily and get freaked out in crowds so I do it with other members as well. It's not like we ever kissed in public. Well except that one time in the alleyway, but it was months ago so no one saw it.

"Is that all you want to ask?" I asked as she nodded. We stayed in silence for a few seconds before she finally said something. "Can I see pictures of you and Jay?" She asked. I immediately grabbed my phone and handed it to her.

"You're so excited" She laughed and scrolled through the pictures. "Ah, you're both cute together. I knew you'd be together the moment you entered I-Land and saw him" She said and handed back my phone.

"But, we hated each other at the beginning of I-Land" I said. "I knew Jay was your childhood crush ever since he walked in and I was just waiting for you to acknowledge it" She said. "There's no way you knew that. I didn't even know that" I laughed.

"It wasn't hard. He has the same face as when he was a kid" She said. I slowly nodded, now realizing they looked exactly the same but I was too oblivious to see it. "Now that I think about it. He does look the same as when he was a kid" I said.

I turned off my phone and laid it on the table as we both stared at the TV. After the incident, we both slowly stopped talking and threw ourselves into our work more. I felt bad that she came all this way for my Father and can't see him at the moment.

"Don't you have MAMA to attend?" She asked. "I won't be attending. I'm too worried about my father to leave Seattle right now" I said. "You should still go to be there for your group. I can handle your father" She nodded as I shook my head.

"I can't leave like that. My members understand why I can't be there right now. I'll go back once I know he'll recover smoothly" I said.

Soon enough, I heard my cousin and Uncle open the door and walk in with a few bags of stuff. "Oh, hello" They said and bowed to Ysa. "Hello" She smiled and bowed back. "Did you know your mom has been calling me?" My Uncle asked and showed me all his missed calls.