Chapter 5

Lauren's POV

I watch as mystery girl slowly back away in the water. She bumps into her surfboard and I silently laugh. She then gives me an awkward but adorable wave and smile. I couldn't help but not smile. She finally turns around, gets on her surf board and paddles away. I turn to face the girls, who have their mouths wide open and eyes wide.

"Did she not recognize who you are?" Camila asks in disbelief.

"I guess not. She seemed very nervous though." I say.

"Did you get her name?" Ally asks.

"No actually." I say with a sad look. "But she did say I was beautiful, even though I wasn't supposed to hear her say it."

"I really can't believe that just actually happened." Normani says still in disbelief.

"OOOHHH OOOOHHH!!! She's coming back! Everyone turn around so she doesn't see us and Lauren act natural" Dinah quickly says.

I feel someone tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see the mystery girl sitting on her surf board. Her rash guard is lifted up so that it is possible to see her toned abs. I watch as a water droplet falls down her toned abs. She must of noticed because she laid down on her board.

"So I guess I have to cover myself in order for you to pay attention." She says with a laugh. I look away embarrassed for getting caught. She puts her hand under my chin and gently lifts my head so that I am now looking at her. "I was just kidding." She smiles and sits back up fixing her rash guard so that it is now fully covering her abs.

"I never got to tell you my name. I'm Y/n." I was about to say my name but she speaks up first. "I know who you are. I took me a while until it finally registered in my brain. And I'm also guessing that's Ally, Normani, Dinah, and Camila with their backs turned from us," she points to the four girls standing with their backs turned to us. I still couldn't find my voice to say a word, so I just nod. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you guys... well you since you're the only one whose back isn't facing me. Hope to see you around green eyes." She winks, then paddles away once again. I still haven't said a word.

————————————————————-

Your POV

I paddle away with a smile on my face because my confidence came back and it seemed to of worked on Lauren. WOW. Lauren Jauregui. The green eyed girl that I fell in love with after seeing them on X-Factor. I can't believe I just met her. I can't believe it took me a while to realize that it was her in the first place. I was sure that if I ever see her, I would automatically know it was her. But wow. The Lauren Jauregui.

The guys and I do a few more runs before heading towards the shore. We grab some lunch that we packed and begin eating. Turkey sub, on wheat, with lettuce, tomato, black olives, american cheese, light mayo, salt, and vinegar. Accompanied with sour cream and onion chips and a Coors Light. You may be saying, 'Coors Light? Isn't that alcohol? Aren't you too young to be drinking that?' Well to answer you, yes, yes, and yes. As long as we are responsible, the older ones in our family don't care if we drink. There are the obvious ground rules and not so obvious grounds rules that we came up with as a family.

Once everyone finishes eating, we rest a little to digest. Cole grabs the frisbee and we go to an open area and play a mini game of beach ultimate frisbee. The teams are Cole and Brian against Shane and Payton. Since there are five of us, I usually play for both teams offensively only; every once in a while, I play on both teams defensively only.

I had the frisbee looking for either Cole or Brian to be open. Shane and Payton were covering them really well, I was having a hard time throwing it. Suddenly I see Brian cut away from Payton. I quickly do a backhand pass. I curse at myself as I see that the pass may be too high. Brian quickly runs to where the frisbee is going and jumps high in the air, catching the frisbee, landing in the touchdown. Brian excitedly throws the frisbee in the air runs toward Cole and they chest bump. They then run to me and we do a three way shoulder bump. The score was 4-3 with Cole and Brian now in the lead. I then go towards Shane and Payton who are getting ready fro the pull and to get their offensive turn. Cole pulls the frisbee and Payton catches it. I run down and try to get open.