Chapter 13

Your POV

I am currently on my balcony staring off into the dark sky. The water seemed calm as it reflects the moon's light. The moon always interests me. To me, the moon has many secrets. Her 'dark side', are her secrets. She hides it extremely well, but only showing what she wants us to see; the bright side. Her bright side represents only a part of her. The part that's good, that people wouldn't be afraid of her if they knew about them. Not many people pay attention to her dark side. The things she shows us are so bright and so mesmerizing that, it masks her secrets, her dark side. Many people do try to figure out what she is hiding, but not many are successful. Whenever people try to force her secrets out, she only shines brighter, making people forget about the secrets.

We all have our secrets, but we chose to mask them. Only exteriorize what we want people to see. We hid our secrets because we are afraid of being judged and being afraid. We don't want to be looked differently or defined differently if people knew our secrets. Secrets are secrets for a reason. They may be small or they may be huge, but that's only for us to know. We keep them hidden as much as possible but only tell them to the people we trust the most. We hate when ever people try to force them out of us.

I absolutely when people try to force one of my secrets out. I keep them a secret for a reason. The only ones that know are either the ones that were there or the people I trust. The celebrities at the Annual BBQ Party in the beginning of the summer know the jest or the main subject of my most important secret. They know not to force it out of me. Since they know, they always try to make sure I'm in check and not having bad thoughts. I am pulled out of my thoughts when I heard the balcony door open. I look towards the door to come eye to eye to those mesmerizing green eyes. 

After our shopping spree, the girls came back to the house and decided to watch a movie in my room. The last person to fall asleep, fell asleep half way through the second movie. I could not fall asleep and decided to go out of the balcony.

I returned my head towards the moon. I heard feet softly make its way closer to me. I felt her sit on the same outdoor couch as me, but leaves space in between us. Her gaze right on the side of my face. I wasn't sure if I wanted to look at her, knowing I would get lost in her eyes.

"What are you doing awake?" I ask, braking the silence.

"I could ask you the same thing." I brake my gaze with the moon and look at her.

"I couldn't sleep." I shrug nonchalantly and return my gaze back to the moon. 

None of us say a word after that. I notice her piercing eyes were no longer on me, but out in front. I noticed her shiver. It was a bit chilly out but since I had a blanket wrapped around me, I was fine. I get up and move closer towards her. Once I get close enough, I wrap mayor around her and put the blanket around her shoulders, eliminating the space she left between us. I felt pressure on my right shoulder and realize she laid her head their. I gently place my head on top of hers. Not one of us say a word. Minutes later, I realize her breathing got deeper. I gently remove myself from her and carry her bridal style back inside my room. Stepping over the sleeping girls, I lay Lauren on my bed. I give her a gentle kiss on the forehead, and head downstairs. I was still wide awake, so I decide to head to the kitchen for some warm milk. Through the cracks of the kitchen door, I see the lights are on. Confused and cautiously, I open the door.

"Seriously?! Again?!" I groan as I see Michael sitting on the island with Dylan in between his leg, sucking each others face. The two pull apart from hearing a sudden voice, then laugh seeing it was just me.

"What are you doing up at... 3:12 am?" Dylan asks check the time on the stove.

"I couldn't sleep, so I decided to make some warm milk to help me." I make my way to the fridge to grab the milk. Dylan hands me my favorite Tinker Bell mug and I thank him. After them milk was warm enough, I pull out a stool and sit on the island. There was a comfortable silence until Michael spoke.