Chapter 14

Your POV

Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B to Newark, New Jersey. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you.

Brian and I wait in the sitting area, waiting to board our flight. This summer has been pretty eventful, but now we head back to Jersey to finally complete our last year of high school. Thank God.

I nudge Brian. Causing him to take off his Beats and out of his little world. "Hey, start getting ready. We got a few minutes before they call regular boarding." Brian nods and slowly starts to put his stuff in his bag.

I feel a vibration in my pocket. I take it out and see that it's a text from Ally.

Tiny Lord Praiser: Have a safe flight little one.

Me: Thanks, but aren't you the little one.

Tiny Lord Praiser: Don't be back sassing me missy.

Me: Sorry mom.

Tiny Lord Praiser: Love you loser

Me: Yeah yeah, I guess I love you too.

Now boarding seats 1-14. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Thank you.

Brian nudges me and hands me my boarding ticket. Once we got everything, we head towards the gate. We get greeted by the flight attendants as well as the captain. We get to our seats and Brian Takes the window seat, leaving me to take the middle seat. I just hope I don't get some weirdo sitting next to me. I put on my Beats and close my eyes to relax while everyone else gets settled in. A few minutes later I felt a presence next to me; however, I kept my eyes close, not bothering to see who was next to me. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I open my eyes and take off my Beats. Turning to the unknown person next to me, I am greeted with grayish-blue eyes; kind of like Kristen Bell's eyes.

"Hi, I'm Camri." She sticks out her hand, which I gladly take.

"Whoa, like the car, Camri?"

"Yeah, but with an 'i' instead of a 'y.'"

I take the couple seconds trying to spell out Camry, then replacing the 'y' with an 'i.' I hear a cute giggle, breaking my train of though.

"Sorry. Um, my name is Y/n. And this doofus next to me is Brian." I lean back a bit, giving her a better view of Brian, who seems to be back in his own world again.

"Are you two boyfriend/ girlfriend?"

"Oh god no. He is just a really good friend. More like a brother to me."

"Oh ok, sorry." She laughs.

"Nah, it's all good! Hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you?"

"17. I'm gonna be a senior this year."

"Sweet, so am I. Where are you from?"

"I'm originally from here in Cali, but my dad got a better job offering all the way across the coast in Jersey. I'll be going to Stockton High."

"No way! That's where we both go." I point to Brian as well as myself. "What's your number, it would be a pleasure to show a pretty girl like you around a new school." I mentally slap myself for unconsciously flirting, but then again, I am on the market. I notice her blushing, mean that my little compliment worked. She hands me her phone to put my number in. I put my contact name as Y/n. Plain and simple. If she wants to change it, that's totally up to her. She quickly shoots me a text saying her name so that I now have her number. I save it as 'Camri, Girl I Met On Plane'. She laughs as I show it to her. The flight attendant comes around and asks us, as well as everyone else, to turn off our phones for take off. Once again, I nudge Brian, to tell him the same thing. I quickly introduce Brian and Camri just as the plane got to the runway. Quickly sticking a piece of gum join my mouth, I shut my eyes and feel the planes moving. Picking up speed, then moving upward. 10 minutes later, everyone is able to turn their phones back on. I turn mine on after talking to Camri for a little. Plugging my headphones in my ear, I drown out the world around me and fall asleep.