Chapter 32

Your POV

"Come on answer me?" I mumble to myself.

Ever since I told Lauren that I kind of flirt back with Eli and she hung up on me, she hasn't answered any of my calls or texts. I am trying so hard not to get mad and trying to stay patient but I am having Lauren withdrawals. And I am not liking it one bit!

"Yo Y/n. Get off the phone and stop worrying about Lauren." Payton says breaking my train of thought.

"Yeah come on. We have to do our first take." Shane continues.

I sigh to myself. When your girlfriend hasn't talked to you in days, you better be fucking worried!

Regardless, I listen to the boys and put my phone down. I head over to my stool, with my mask in hand, in sit patiently waiting to start.

This will probably be the last time we ever wear our mask. I have this bittersweet feeling to it. I've gotten so used to the mask, it's like my security blanket. It covers my faces and I hide underneath it. I can't do that anymore. I can no longer hide. And that scares me.

There are multiple cameras all around us. We each have our own camera standing in front of us. Then there's a camera hanging from the top, that moves back and forth. And lastly one standing camera that captures all of us at once.

Cole is the last to take his seat. He presses the record buttons, shows the take one sign, then takes his seat. We have James playing the guitar for us, sitting off to the side of us, but still visible to the cameras. He counts off before we start singing.

(Cole)

I was a hot mess
In my Sunday best
Black tears in my eyes

(Payton)

You were my first love
You were my only one
I can't believe your lies

(Y/n)

Once we were like bottle rockets
Now I know I have to stop it

(Cole)

Please believe me
This isn't easy
I just need to say goodbye

(All)

Goodbye
Goodbye
Losin' my mind
Goodbye

(Brian)

You got a new friend
You like to play pretend
I'm just keepin' my cool

(Cole)

Turn on that smoke machine
Magic and make-believe
She'll never know you like I do

(Y/n)

Once we were a fire burnin'
Now you're just a lesson I'm learnin'

(Payton)

Please believe me

(Y/n)

This isn't easy

(Y/n, Shane, & Payton)

I just need to say goodbye

(All)

Goodbye
Goodbye
Losin' my mind
Goodbye

(Cole & Brian)

I know that I can find somebody
You won't ever find nobody else like me

(Cole, Brian, Payton)

I know that I can find somebody

You won't ever find nobody else like me

(Cole, Brian, Payton, Shane)