Chapter 20

Your POV

"You see that star right there?"

"There are tons of stars, Jake. Which one are you pointing to?"

"That one." He points to the sky. "The brightest one of them all. Right next to the moon."

"Wow. How come I've never noticed it before?"

"The star doesn't always come out to show it's true brightness."

"Do you know the name of the star?"

"Sirius."

"I'm guessing you know the story to it too, huh?"

He smirks. "Of course. In mythology, they like to call it Dog Star, since it is part of the Canis constellation. He is one of the watchmen of the Heavens, keeping guard over the abyss into incarnation."

"That's one hell of a job."

He laughs but continues. "This Dog Star is a symbol of power, will, and steadfastness of purpose."

"Steadfastness of purpose?"

"The steadfast in one's faith. Reliable, dependable, making sure that one is there and entering for a purpose, and the right purpose." He pauses for a second. "When I live a full life and has died, I would like to be Sirius."

"Why is that?"

"He is a guard of the Heavens. He is protecting those inside from evil. Protecting those he loves. That's what I want to do. Protect those I love. Like my family, friends.... you."

I turn my head to look at him.

"No matter where I am. Close, far, died, alive. Always look at the star and I will always be there for you."

"But what if the star isn't there? You did say it doesn't always shine so bright."

"Then look to the moon. Sirius is always placed next to the moon. Plus, the moon has always been our safe haven.

"I miss you Jake." I whisper look at the bright star. Tears slowly running down my face. "I miss you so damn much."

------

Beep, beep, beep

I slowly open my eyes. These white wall, that sound, the smell. It's all too familiar.

"Hi, honey." My mom softly says. "How are you feeling?" I shrug. "I'm going to tell the doctor you're awake." She's sighs, giving me a sad smile. Before she leaves, she gives me a kiss on the forehead.

I look at my surroundings. Brian, Camri, and Eli are all cuddled together on the couch, with Camri in the middle. Damn that look hell uncomfortable. Nina managed to get her own chair. That girl has her ways.

My dad walks in with coffee in his hands. As soon as he sees me awake, a smile is plastered on his face. He walks over to me and gentle rubs my head. "Hey baby girl. Bet this is the last place you want to be, huh?" I nod, unable to speak. "Where's mom?" I nod towards the door. "Getting the doctor?" I nod. He hums and goes to wake up my 4 sleeping friends, but not before giving me a kiss on the forehead.

As soon as Nina wakes up, we immediately, but calmly walks over to me, with a sad smile across her lips. She known it freaks me out when people rush over to me when I'm like this. "Hey bub. Gave us quite a scare." Look away guilty. I hate doing that to people. "Hey, look at me." She softly grabs my chin to make me look at her. "It's okay. We know you didn't mean to."