Chapter 42 Part 2 - The End

Your POV

I quickly turn and make my way out the front door. Closing it as softly and quietly as I can. As I turn around I run into a body. I look and see Camila standing in front of me.

"Oh shit sorry Camila. It's nice seeing you but I have to go. Hope you had a great date. Also, don't go in the kitchen unless you want to see Lauren making out with some dude."

The words quickly spew out of my mouth. I leave Camila's side before she gets the chance to reply. I get in my car and groan, realizing the last thing I said to Camila. I bust out of the driveway and make my way towards the beach.

As I get to the beach, I reach into my glove compartment and grab a pre-made joint and lighter. I slip out the car, grab a blanket from my trunk and head towards the water. I light the joint and breathe in the intoxicating yet relaxing fume. I lay back in the sand and wrap myself in the blanket. I look up at the sky and notice that the Sirius Star is out tonight.

"Hi Jake." I said smiling to myself.

"Where have you been? I feel like I rarely see you anymore. But that's okay. You're up there protecting everyone: family, friends, strangers. Glad to see that you are doing what you've always wanted to do. Life down here just isn't the same without you. You're probably are sick and tired of hearing me say that though. At least I'm not yelling it angrily at you." I laugh to myself and take another two hits.

"I wish you were here with me. Joining the guys and I on tour. Dude you can't sing and dance for shit but it doesn't stop you from trying. Come to think of it, you probably wouldn't be joining us on tour. And you know what, that's ok. Because you would be in college, becoming a doctor, or, or a doctor. You've always wanted to become a doctor. I remember you would always play doctor on everyone. Whether that person was actually sick or not. Even the tiniest cuts, you would want to help."

"I miss you dude." Tears start to drip down my eyes.

"I want to yell at you so bad, man. For leaving me. Why do you always have to do the right thing? You had a future going ahead of you. I didn't. I still don't. I'm a fuck up. I always have and always will. Everyone knows that."

"Nothing seems to go right with me. I will admit that parts of my life have gone up. But it always, fucking always, goes down. Nothing just stays up for me. I don't deserve to be here Jake. You do. Not me." I finish the rest of my joint with tears falling down the side of my face. I take in one deep breath before I decide to rest my eyes.

"Y/n, Y/n. Come on superstar, wake up."

I open my eyes to someone waking me up. The sun is just about to make its' appearance.

"Y/n, get up now."

I look to the person and see that it's Officer James. James is one of the officers who arrested me when I for marijuana before. But he doesn't really arrest me. He let's me go after I stay with him to sober up. The only time he actually arrested me was when I ran from the cops and had that weed scandal thing. He ended up being one of the cops there.

He has always been looking out for me since I was little. Officer James is actually the officer who I went to when my last adoptive parents beat me to a pulp. Since then, he has always been helping me out as often as he can whenever I'm in California.

"Your phone has been ringing nonstop. I'm assuming you left without telling people, that they don't know where you are, and that they are worried. But I do know that I can smell a faint scent of weed on you and you look like you've been crying."

I look down guiltily. Why is it that people can read me like an open book? Like what the fuck man?!

"Keith also called me so I had a hitch. So, what I'm going to suggest, is that you come home with me. I'll have the Mrs. cook us some breakfast. And then I take you home before I go back to work. So like 6ish?"