Chapter 6

Your POV

Friday came by quickly and today is the annual family bbq. Not everyone the comes is part of our actual family. It's actually some of the famous people we had to watch in the past years, that we have gotten so close to them that we consider them family and they consider us family. The celebrities include; the cast of Glee, Simon, LA, Anna Kendrick, Anna Camp, Brittany Snow, Jennifer Lawrence, and Josh Hutcherson (we tend to watch groups of celebrities). Those are the people that usually come anyway. Other people Include Jake Miller, his girlfriend, and family (long-time best friends), and  a couple other non-famous close family friends of ours. The people I am most nervous about seeing is Fifth Harmony. To be more exact, Lauren.

I get to see those mesmerizing green eyes once again. I looked at myself in the mirror, making sure I looked good. And boy did I! I heard a knock on my door. "Come in!!!" I look away from the mirror to see Tracy smiling at me. She says 'Hi', walks in and sits on my bed. I continue to look at myself in the mirror.

"Stop looking at yourself in the mirror, Y/n. You look fine."

"'Fine' isn't good enough" I mumble, never making eye contact with Tracy. There was a comfortable silence before I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"If you want to use make up, make sure it's water proof. Also, apply very little. It's a pool/beach bbq party. There's no need for it. Go for the more natural look. Plus you look hot with or without make up anyway." As she says that, she puts water proof mascara, eye liner, and eye shadow in front of me. Before exiting my room, she says, "If you do put make up, apply very little. Be down in 10 and help set up. Guests should start arriving in an hour. "

I decide not to put on any make up and go with the natural look. After I put my compression stockings on both arms, I head downstairs. Once I enter the kitchen, I hear someone wolf whistle at me. Wes, Keith, Payton, Adam, Shelley, and Shane are in the kitchen, sorting out the food they just got from the grocery store. They got hot dogs, paddies, veggie paddies, buns, cheese, and other stuff to put on the hot dogs and burgers. They also got s'more supplies for our fire pit. On another counter, are marinated pork and chicken shish-ka-bobs and steak. There's three coolers; one filled with a variety of beers, one filled a variety of gatorade and water, and the last one with a variety of sodas.

Outside, the tiki torches are set up along side the gravel walking path and the rectangular stoned flooring on the ground. Our mini shed stacked with new towels and pool supplies. The outdoor shower freshly cleaned, which I gladly didn't have to do. The mini bar, however, was not set up yet, because those drinks are being served later in the night. A long table that will be divided into three sections: plates, utensils, and napkins on one section, finger foods on another, and an empty section for the grilled food.

Mark, Dylan, James each set up at their own grill. Yup, that's right, we have three grills. Mark is in charge of the the steaks, Dylan is in charge of the hot dogs and burgers, and James is in charge of the shish-ka-bobs. I helped Tracy take out the rest of the chairs and tables and set them in the yard and along the poolside. Cole, Brian, and Michael came in a few minutes later with logs and coal for the fire and grill. This bbq party was under way.

Jake Miller, his family, and his girlfriend were the first to come, as usual. His mom and dad always LOVE to help us; they're like our actual mom and dad sometimes. Simon, his girlfriend, and baby came next. Then JLaw, Josh Hutcherson coming together and Pitch Perfect girls coming soon after. People from the cast of Glee came sporadically. L.A. and his family were last... as usual.

I heard a loud voice coming from the side gate and I automatically knew who is was. The one and only Scott. Only this time, he wasn't alone. Following behind him was a familiar looking girl. My eyes opened wide and my jaw dropped open as I recognize who is it. Malia. I didn't even go to say 'hi' to her. Instead, I run in the opposite direction and head towards Tracey. 'Perfect' I said to myself as I see Tracey with Shelley and Michael.