Chapter 8

Brian's POV

Big Rob and Will escort the twin, Payton, and I towards the elevator to go to L.A.'s office. Cole puts his arm around my shoulder and gives me a reassuring look. Man, I HATE elevators. Absolutely HATE them. I just hate how tight of a space they are. I have this fear of getting trapped in one. I even had a dream I died in one. Pretty extreme I know. Once we enter the elevator, I clutch onto the side railings. Big Rob pushes the 50th button. Why does L.A. have to have 50 floors? Who really needs 50 floors? The doors close and up we go. I close my eyes and take slow deep breaths.

"Brian, if you hold the railing any harder, you might just break it." I open my eyes and see everyone laughing. I laugh too, knowing Payton was just trying to keep me relaxed. Soon the doors open. I quickly push Will and Shane out of the way and run out of that death trap. Everyone else follows suit laughing as I say "Free at last, free at last." We all walk up to the front desk at see Sarah, the front desk lady, secretary, receptionist, whatever the hell she is, I really don't know.

"Hey boys, L.A. is waiting for you in his office. Go right ahead."

We all thank Sarah and head to his office. Once hearing L.A. say 'come in,' we walk in to see L.A. sitting in his head seat and Simon sitting at a seat in front of L.A.'s desk.

"Hello boys. Thank you Will. Thank you Rob. Come take a seat guys."

"Sooo um, what's this all about?" Shane asks getting right into it.

"Wasting no time I see." Simon replies. "Well, we asked you guys here because we have a question for you guys. But, we have to wait for one more person to arrive."

As if it were perfectly planned, a knock was heard from the door.

"Come in." L.A. says. The door opens and we see Y/n walking in with a confused look on her face. "Y/n, come sit. We were just waiting for you." She sits down and we all look at each other with very confused looks.

"So," Simon begins, "We just want to tell you we know who you are. We've known for a while actually, but didn't want to tell you." Everyone just looks at each other with confused faces, not sure what Simon is talking about.

"That's right," L.A. adds. "We are pretty upset you didn't tell us either. So why don't you just introduce yourself.... Mystery Element."Each and everyone of our jaw drops. Totally not expecting that one.

"How... how did you find out?" I ask.

"Well, we were in your recording booth one day and happen to come across an unedited video labeled, 'Cover Song in Working Progress.' Guessing you guys did that video in one take and recorded everything that day. " L.A. says.

"Yeah, and I think it was a cover of Fall Out Boys 'Young Volcano.' Then Y/n sang at the campfire confirming out beliefs." Simon adds. "We also did more research and closely listened to your voices from the covers you guys posted on Youtube. You guys have millions of views on each video and we've been trying to find these guys. So why don't you guys say yes and finally sign to a joined label with Syco and Epic records."

"I mean, you guys can still be 'Mystery Elements' until you guys want to expose yourselves. We are actually going to leave that all up to you guys for when you want to do that BUT we may have to put a time limit on it. You will just be signed to us and you will continue doing Youtube videos until you expose yourselves. Because I mean, doing interviews or watching people in mask sing is not as interesting." L.A. says.

"You guys don't have to answer us right now but we would like an answer soon. So we are giving you guys a week to answer. Just know, even if you guys say no, L.A. and I will still be constantly asking you guys to sign with us like we always do. Here, take this with you, read through it as many times as you want, and call us back with your decision. If a week past and we hear nothing about it, we'll call you" Simon says <- (LOL) handing us a contract.