Chapter 18

Your POV

I can't move. I need to escape before someone recognizes me. But I can't move.

"Oh hey sweetie. Come over here and greet our guest!" My mom is way too chipper at... 6:34p.m.

I slowly and awkwardly make my way so that I am fully in the living room. What are they doing here?

"Are you wearing pants?"

"What, oh yeah." I lift up my shirt. "The shirt is just really big."

"Is that my shirt?" My dad asks.

"Yup. I stole it from your closet a few days ago. I saw it when I did the laundry. I was gonna take it but then I forgot. Then when I remembered, I was laying in my bed and too lazy to get it. I got it eventually though. As you can see." I waved my hands as if I was showing something one display." My dad 'hmm's' in acknowledgment.

"Anyway. Y/n why don't you introduce yourself." Mark says.

"Right. Um, hi, I'm Y/n. I'm 18 and currently a senior in high school." Mark and Keith explains why the girls are here. I did not expect to be watching them. "So was me meeting them at the beach supposed to happen or was it just a coincidence?

"It was just a coincidence. We knew we were going to be watching Fifth Harmony but not during the summer. And we just decided to keep it from you guys."

I nod. "Wait but why are those two here?" I say pointing to Simon and L.A.

"What, do you not want us here?" L.A. gasp and puts his hand over his heart.

"Oh you know wheat I mean." I whine. Everyone laughs.

"We are here to show the parents that they are in good hands because we were in their position before."

The doorbell rings and my dad gets up to get it. I notice Eli is still here. He knows what my family does, so does Camri. If they show that they are trust worthy enough, we might even ask them to join us every summer. If their parents allow them of course. You have to be 21 years old for you not to have your parents permission. Any age younger needs a parent/guardian permission. I walk up to Eli and sit next to him.

"Hey, sorry if I scared you."

"No worries. Just as all as you are okay, I'm okay." We hug and pull away when we hear someone speak.

"You guys are a cute couple."

"Wait what? NOOOOO." We both say.

"We are not a couple" I say.

"Or a thing." Eli adds. "We are just close friends." I nod. Great, now Lauren probably thinks we are dating or like each other. My dad and Keith walk in each holding 2 brown paper bags that have a plastic bag on the outside. This can only mean one thing.

"CHINEEEEESE!!!!!!!!" I run up to them and grab one bag from the both of them, leaving them with one bag to carry. I can hear everyone laughing, but I don't care. I just want my damn Chinese food.

"Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/M DON'T YOU DARE EATING ANYTHING YET!" I quickly freeze and put my hands in the air to show I surrender. When one of your parents uses the full name, that's when you know shit is about to get real. I have a container in each hand. They are literally calling my name to eat them! I hear people walk into the kitchen. I decide to stay frozen and not move.

"Y/n get the plates and utensils. Get the plastic ones if you don't want to have a lot of dishes to clean later, which you will be cleaning later." My mom says. I groan internally at the mention of having to wash the dishes. I stay frozen.