Chapter 8

i just wanted to say make sure you go read my friend lpara8o 's fic it is amazing and one of my favs ☺️
-

"I can't go in Lizzie they know! they definitely know..."

"What makes you say that?"

"Both of their cars are home! and mom and dad both are supposed to be working today!"

"Okay... but that doesn't mean they know."

"I can't go in Lizzie..." Josie said on the verge of crying.

"We'll go in together" she squeezed the brunette's hand "now let's go before I drag your pregnant ass out of this car myself."

Josie took a deep breath before getting out of the car and slowly walking towards the front door.

When Lizzie looked at her twin noticing how slow she was walking, the girl grabbed the brunette's hand and started dragging her toward the door despite Josie's attempts to break free.

The blonde opened the door and peered around the house "I don't think they are home" she said dragging her twin into the house and closing the door.

As the two were starting to make their way to their room, they heard someone clear their throat and turned to see their parents sitting at the dining table looking down at their mugs of what the twins assumed was coffee.

"They know" the brunette started to panic.

"Maybe they don't... maybe someone died?" Lizzie glanced at her sister before turning to her parents.

Stefan stood up from his spot at the table followed by Caroline.

"You already know about this situation so you can go to your room Lizzie," their dad said and the blonde nodded.

"Yes sir..." Lizzie looked at her twin who looked terrified.

Once the blonde was out of the room Josie turned to her parents who were both staring at her with an unreadable expression.

"Say something," the brunette said picking at the skin around her fingernail.

"I was at my office working when I heard something... from one of my coworkers, about you..." Caroline swallowed.

"Oh? interesting..." Josie just looked down.

"Josie..." her mother said softly.

The brunette felt tears starting to roll down her face so she quickly wiped them away.

"Is it true?" Stefan said in a gentle tone.

Josie started sobbing and hugged her mom "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay baby it's okay" Caroline wrapped her arms around her daughter, cradling the girl's head as she cried into her neck.

Stefan wrapped his arm around them both and pulled them into his chest.

"Do I have to go, can't you and dad just go and talk to her parents" Hope said as they cut through their lawn and to the Forbe-Salvatore's.

"You need to be a part of this conversation
it will be affecting your life, and it's the adult thing to do, you're nearly eighteen Hope."