Chapter 14

double update
-

After getting back from the hospital Hope walked into her family's home, slammed the door shut, and walked over to the couch, plopping down.

"What's with the door slamming love," Bex said coming into the living room.

"I kind of messed up with Josie."

"What did you do?" the blonde joined her niece on the couch. 

Hope looked at her hands and shook her head "Josie ended up going to the hospital because she thought something was wrong, turns out she was just feeling the baby move."

"Okay... I'm not understanding what you did wrong?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

She looked around awkwardly and fidgeted in her spot "I had my phone off because I was hooking up with someone when she needed me to be there."

"Oh Hope..."

"Yeah, I know! It was stupid I shouldn't have done that, we were finally in a good place since summer and I screwed it up, now she doesn't trust me or think I'm responsible."

Hope turned to her Aunt "what do I do?"

"Well, I've never been in a situation like this but you're just going to have to convince her that you are responsible, and you need to stop with these hookups" Rebekah flicked her niece on the forehead.

"Yeah... yeah you're right, I'll talk to her, and I'll stop the hookups and use my hand."

"Too much information- but get over there and talk to her."

Hope nodded and stood up "if my parents ask I went over to Josie's," she said before running out of her house.

"Are you sure you don't need anything?" Caroline said attempting to tuck Josie in.

The brunette swatted her mom's hand away "mom it's fine, the doctor said it was just the baby moving around."

"I know but you're still my baby and I was worried" the blonde hugged her daughter.

Josie hugged the woman back "I know, but seriously I'm good."

"Fine, but if you need anything yell my name and I will come immediately."

"Okay mom" she chuckled.

"Goodnight Jo" she heard her sister call out as she walked past the room and into her room which was down the hall before her mom closed the door.

The brunette opened the door on her nightstand, taking out her notebook and pen, and began writing about her day.

After she wrote down a couple of paragraphs she heard tapping on her window and looked over to see Hope who was waving at her.

"No go away" Josie shook her head.

"Let me in."

"No, go home" the brunette got up and closed the blinds, not missing the sad look Hope gave her.

After about ten minutes Josie opened her blinds back up seeing Hope still sitting there.

"Hi," the auburnette said.

"Why are you still outside my window."

"I'm not leaving until we talk even if I have to stay here all night."

Not wanting Hope outside her window all night the brunette opened it letting the girl in "you have five minutes."

"Thank you" Hope crawled through the window, almost falling over in the process.

"I'd like to start by saying I'm sorry okay? I messed up I know, I should've had my phone on and answered your call, but Josie you both are my priorities even if you hate me I promise you."

"It wasn't even the fact that you didn't answer, it was why you didn't answer, you were off sleeping with someone when something could've been wrong with our son Hope."

"What do you want me to do Josie? I'm sorry there's nothing more I can do! do you want me to get on my knees and tell you I'm sorry??"

The brunette just stood there and shook her head silently.

Hope got on her knees in front of Josie and took the girl's hand into hers.

"What are you doing," she said looking down at Hope.

"I'm sorry, I promise you I'll do everything I can to be a good mom, I'm sorry if I disappointed you, I'm sorry Josie please just don't be mad at me," she said before resting her head on the brunette's stomach, listening to the sound of their son's heartbeat.

Josie was at a loss for words.

"Please Jo."

Josie took a deep breath before putting her arms around Hope's head, holding the girl against her "I swear Hope one more chance, please don't break my trust."

After a few minutes, Hope stood up and looked at Josie.

"He's moving again."

"Wait really?" the auburnette said putting her hands on Josie's stomach.

"You can't feel it he's too small, only I can."

"Oh."

"I thought I was gonna lose him earlier, I was scared, I've never been told what a baby kicking feels like so I just assumed the worse."

"You both are okay now."

"We are."

"Can I stay with you tonight?" Hope asks.

"I don't know if that's a good idea... I just forgave you and-"

"Please, I just want to be with you both tonight..."

Josie just stared at Hope for a moment before slowly nodding "fine... but you're going to have to leave in the morning before my mom sees you, she's not your biggest fan" she said and the girl nodded.

Josie climbed into bed and a moment later she felt her bed sink in and Hope's arm on her stomach.

"What are you doing?"

"Laying with you" she whispered.

"I didn't say I wanted you to lay with me."

"Do you want me to get up?" Hope raised.

"No..."

"Good because I wasn't going to anyways."