Chapter 29

short chapter sorry peeps thought it would be better than nothing 🤷‍♀️
-

when Josie looked up Jed was looking at her with a smile on his face. She didn't know what to say, especially after everything Hope told her about the man.

"Yeah- I did" she nodded awkwardly.

"Well, I haven't seen you in a bit, I was wondering-" he started but was immediately cut off.

"Jo, you forgot her diaper bag," Hope said glaring at the boy as she handed the bag to Josie, while her other hand was holding their son.

"Oh let me guess is that your second kid from your other baby momma?" Jed scoffed.

"I am not doing this today" Hope shook her head before looking at Josie "just text me when you're done, I'm heading over to my parents."

The brunette nodded her head awkwardly and looked at her mom and sister who stared back at her trying to understand what was happening.

When Hope walked away Jed cleared his throat and looked back at the three "I'm sorry, what did you want to order."

"Actually can we have a new waiter I don't feel comfortable with her being ours," Lizzie said.

"Oh, uh- yeah of course" he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly before walking to the back of the kitchen.

"What was that?" Caroline asked confused.

"Jed likes Josie, and Hope likes Josie and also happens to be the mother of her children, so Jed doesn't like that, resulting in him being an ass," Lizzie said unbuckling the newborn and taking her out of the car seat.

"Hope does not... like me," she said in a whisper like it was something bad.

"Oh please that girl is down bad for you" the blonde rolled her eyes and held the baby against her chest.

"Whatever..." Josie said and a new waiter finally came over.

"Hi, I'm Finch, what can I get you three today?" the girl said looking at them.

When Hope arrived at her parent's house, Hayley walked out of the house. Hope thought the woman was coming to hug her but she instead went to the back seat where the baby was.

"Wow, they are here a week and you already forgot about me?"

"Oh I didn't forget, he's just a lot cuter" Hayley smiled and took the baby out of his car seat, causing him to let out a small whine in protest.

"Go inside, I made lunch, your father has been waiting to eat for a bit" the brunette chuckled and walked into the house with Hope.

"Hey dad" Hope hugged her father before sitting down in front of him.

"There's my little one" he smiled.

"Don't forget him" Hayley said and bent down so Klaus could kiss his grandson's head "of course I didn't forget him."

"He has stolen both of my parents," Hope said and her parents chuckled.

"Where is Josie?" the brunette said.

"Having lunch with her mom and sister at the grill" Hope said with bitterness in her voice.

"Why'd you say it like that? what happened."

"Jed was there, and is their server" she rolled her eyes.

"Who's Jed? and why does it sound like you hate him" her mom raised her eyebrow.

"He's a dough bag, and he's like in love with Josie" the girl shook her head and put some food onto her plate, and began eating.

"And that's a problem for you?"

"Of course it is, he doesn't deserve Josie, he's mean for absolutely no reason at all" Hope huffed.

"Oh Love, when are you going to tell Josie how you feel?" her father said looking up from his food.

"W-What how I feel? I don't feel..."

Lucas took this moment to start crying. Klaus smirked "seems he disagrees," he said as Hayley grabbed a pacifier from the diaper bag and put it in the baby's mouth.

Once he stopped crying Hayley looked at her daughter "how do you feel about her honey? you can tell us."

Hope looked at her parents for a moment before looking down "I... uh... I think I might love her" she said as she anxiously picked the skin around her fingernails.

"Does she feel the same way?"

"I don't think so... we've kissed? and almost did... stuff and she told me that's what friends do... she's made it pretty clear she doesn't feel the same way" Hope sighed.

"Well you need to find out, and if she doesn't feel the same way... then there are plenty of more people out in the world."

"But that's the problem I don't want the other people I want her" Hope practically whined.