Chapter 9

Shorter chapter than the others sorry peeps
-

Josie was in her room finishing up an assignment on her computer when she heard a tapping at her window.

The girl's eyebrows furrowed together before she pushed her blankets off of her and set her computer to the side before getting up and making her way over to the window.

"What do you want," the brunette said as soon as she saw who was standing at her window.

"I just want to talk," Hope said "no adults, just us."

Josie just crossed her arms and stared at the girl.

"Please?"

The brunette sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose "fine but you have to be quiet my parents, and sister just went to bed."

At the yes, the girl climbed through the window, closing it behind her before turning to Josie who was now sitting in her original spot on the bed.

"You can speak now," the girl said grabbing her laptop, beginning to finish what she was typing before she was interrupted earlier.

"Okay first of all I'd like to apologize about the whole paternity test thing I was scared when finding out and might've said you probably slept with other people, that's why my father mentioned it."

"I'm not you, I don't sleep with the entire school."

"Right... but I wanted to talk to you about the baby, I asked my dad for a job today at his office and the pay is decent so I can help provide everything we'll need."

"I don't even know if I want it Hope, we are eighteen for god sake what are we going to do with a baby?"

"I'm just telling you that you won't be alone, and I honestly don't know what we'd do but we'll figure it out together."

"Having this baby is not just being responsible for another life but having a connection to you for the rest of our lives what if I don't want that?"

Hope gave her a sad look that made Josie regret what she said.

"Then don't have it... I'm just giving you an option and letting you know I'm here always."

Hope gave her one last look before walking toward the window "I should probably get going my parent don't know I snuck out."

"Yeah that's probably a good idea..." her voice trailed off.

"Goodnight Josette" she gave her a sad smile before opening the window and climbing back out.

Josie sighed and stared at the window, now conflicted.

When Josie walked into her first period she felt the eyes of all her classmates on her as she sat down.

"Uh- hey Josie..." she heard a voice say and saw someone sit next to her.

She turned and saw Jed "oh... hey..."

"I just wanted to ask if it was true... you know... the rumor..." he rubbed the back of his neck.

The brunette sighed and looked down at the desk "yes it's true."

"Marry me" Jed blurted.

Josie's eyes widened and she looked around to see if anyone around them heard that, luckily they didn't.

"I can take care of you both."

"Jed, that's sweet you're sweet but we've been out on one date..."

"I know... I'm sorry that was stupid" he shook his head.

"It wasn't you were trying to do something you felt you needed to do... but this isn't your responsibility Jed" she took his hand into hers and squeezed it.

"I just like you a lot," he said.

"I know" she smiled softly.

"Well if you won't marry me will you at least go out to dinner with me?"

"You really still want to date me" the brunette raised her eyebrow.

"Of course, I do why wouldn't I?" he smiled at her.

Hope was watching the both of them from her seat in the back of the class, she had a scowl on her face.

When Josie walked into her house her mother was at the dining table doing some work on her computer.

"Hey baby" the blonde smiled at her daughter.

"Hi, mom..." Josie walked up to her.

"What's wrong?"

"I think I know what I want to do... can you take me to the clinic."