Where It All Started

Chapter 2

"No."

"Yes!"

"Yes."

We had been going at it for a while; she wouldn't give up until I went. Honestly, I didn't understand as to why she wanted me to meet up with a semi famous person. It wasn't really in my agenda.

"Hey, you said yes. It's settled, you're going." Bella states proudly, a look of satisfaction on her face.

I slumped my shoulders, knowing there was no winning this argument. When she wanted something, she got it. She was sort of a diva; I guess you could call it.

"I'm not even a fan." I let out a deep sigh, rolling my eyes.

She huffed out, placing her hands on her hips. She cocked an eyebrow as if she was challenging me to say something else. She wasn't going to let this go anytime soon.

"You're going," she purses her lips, her voice in a stern tone.

I puff out my cheeks in annoyance. I've always done that when I'm extremely angry. This was getting old fast and she knew it.

"You have to do this to me." I groan, trying to let her ease up on the whole thing.

Nothing seemed to work; I couldn't even guilt trip her. Not like that would work, I've tried it before. As most can guess, that didn't go to well.

"Yes, now go get changed. You're meeting her soon." She smiles smugly, trying to bite her lip to keep from full out smirking.

I throw my hands up, giving up on it. Spinning around on my heel, I roll my eyes to myself and descend downstairs to let my mother know of my plans. Knowing that she wouldn't let me go out with a random stranger, I would have to make something up.

"Hey mom," I sigh stressfully, but try to put on an innocent act anyways.

To tell the truth, I've always been a goody two-shoes. My mom knew it too, so it was easier to get away with things. Not that I do it often.

"Yeah babe?" She glances up from her computer, her glasses falling on the brim of her nose as she smiled.

The reason as to why she was contently on the computer so much is because she was a writer. I've never been into writing but mom always wanted me to follow her. Writing a book just wasn't in my forte.

"I'm going to Starbucks to meet a friend. I'll be out of a little while." I grimace, giving her a weak smile.

She didn't seem to notice my distress though because her smile didn't fade. I've always admired her for her cheerful and calm attitude.

"Yeah, that's alright. Just don't stay out too late," she waggled a finger in my direction teasingly.

She always managed to get a smile on my face. No matter the situation, she always knew how to make the best of it.

"Thanks mom." I grin pleadingly at her, trying to hide that secret look that my face wore.

She didn't comment after that. I'm assuming she went back to her writing. I laughed at her for losing herself in her book once again.

As soon as I walked back through the door to my bedroom, I knew I was going to be hounded. It was one of another of Bella's lovely perks. I let out a long sigh as I heard her squeal.

"We have to find the perfect outfit. You have to look amazing," she lingers on the word amazing, her face brightening.

She sure loved to plan for people when it came to outfits. I've always thought she wanted to be a fashion designer but she told me she wasn't really into it.