Secret's Out

Chapter 6

It was deathly quiet, but when the small noises sounded, it made it ten times worse. My heart was beating so fast I could hear it pound in my ears. My breathing was also heavy and off.

Everyone was asleep, leaving me alone in my frightened state. Trust me; I was starting to get worried when there was a creak in the floor when no one was there.

It only made it worse that Harry was snoring while Niall was mumbling in his sleep. Plus the room was pitch dark, making it impossible to see anything. Sighing quietly, I took out my phone. I was instantly greeted by an email from Eleanor.

'Hey babe, how is everything going so far? A small thing I forgot to mention is Twitter. I changed my password for you to get on it. For now it's HPforever, but I will be changing it when this whole thing is over. Just make sure to tweet every once in a while; ignore the hate. Anyways, I hope things are going well, Eleanor Calder.'

I replied a short message back to tell her the details on what's going on. After I was done, I placed the phone back in my pocket. I was still wide awake, my eyes as wide as they possibly could be.

Frowning to myself, I pull my phone out once again. I open the blue app and log on to Eleanor's twitter. Biting my lip, I jumped at a small noise. Huffing, I decided to tweet.

'How is everyone?'

Instant replies were sent to my Twitter. Since I was warning, I knew the hate was coming. I got a few positive responses, but not many.

I honestly felt a little upset about how much hate she actually got. She didn't deserve any of it; some people were just too blind to see. I think that even though I was taken away from my home, it was an advantage. I've grown more mature, at least in my eyes.

"@EleanorJCalder you should be asleep. Tsk tsk, haha."

"@EleanorJCalder I'm bored! Make my day and follow me!"

"@EleanorJCalder I'm horrible; I don't know what to do anymore."

The last tweet caught my attention. Why not do something useful while I'm sitting here in this dump? After debating with myself, I quickly followed and DM'ed her.

'@SaveMe1D Hello, love. If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here. Just remember that you are beautiful and strong; don't give up.'

The reply was instant. It shocked me at how fast this girl replied. I was glad that I had decided to tweet her; anything could have been wrong.

'@EleanorJCalder you made my day, thank you. You have no idea what tweeting me means to me. Love you!'

'@SaveMe1D No problem, babe. Love you too!'

I shoved my phone in my pocket, squeezing my eyes shut. A small tear leaked out of my eye without me knowing. The feeling of complete sadness washed over me.

It hadn't even been that long and I had already missed Bella and my parents. I wanted to be home, rather than to be on this disgusting floor.

I wanted to talk to them one last time; to tell them I loved them. In the end, I knew I couldn't do that. Tears were down streaming down my face, small sobs wracking through my body.

I felt Louis shifting; I snapped my eyes back open. I was unable to contain the noise that was coming out of my mouth. Louis propped himself on his elbows, his eyes full of concern.

"El, what's wrong?" He reached over to wipe my tears away, his eyes never leaving mine.

Even though I wanted to protest, he pulled me into his arms gently. At first I started struggling, but then I realized that there was no way I was getting out of this. He rocked me back and forth, whispering soothing things into my ear.

"You'll be alright, boo," he cooed, his lips planting on my forehead.

I fought a smile, but it ended up on my face. Eleanor was one lucky girl; that was for sure. I placed my head in my hands.

"Nothing, it's nothing," I sigh, trying to convince him.

By what I could make out, he didn't seem too pleased with my answer. He stopped rocking us, taking my hands away from my face.

"Is it the hate? Eleanor, you are one of the prettiest girls I have ever met! Don't listen to those who hate on you, they just wish they were as beautiful as you," his voice was low, but I knew it had calmed me, even though his reason wasn't mine.

"Thanks Lou," I sniffle, clearing my throat and moving away from him.

He seemed a little upset that I moved, but he didn't comment. He only sighed, reaching for my hand. The blanket was now on the floor.

"We better get to bed; I know you're tired," Louis shakes his head in the dark, rubbing the back of his neck.

I instantly agreed with him; I was exhausted from the day that I had just spent, "Okay."

My head fell back on Louis arm, trying to get comfortable. My mind wandered to what I would be doing tomorrow.

____________________________________________________

"El, wake up," someone whispered gently into my ear.

No way in heck would anyone be able to get me up like that, even if Eleanor wasn't a heavy sleeper. I wasn't going to change that for her. I didn't budge; I was too tired to move.

"Come on, wake up."

I still didn't move an inch; I was too physically exhausted to even move. That didn't seem like the right response for him though.

"Eleanor Jane Calder, wake up!" Louis screamed, making me jolt awake.

My eyes were wide with fright; I honestly wasn't expecting that. I tried to regain my breath, but it wouldn't even out. My hand flew over my chest.

"What the heck Louis? Can't a girl get some sleep around here?" I groaned, completely forgetting about my accent.

He seemed a little shocked but only raised his eyebrows. I only copied his actions, giving him a tiny smirk.

"Your accent is off again," he muttered, standing up from his position and rolling his eyes.

I tried to come up with a good enough excuse, but I couldn't exactly think this early in the morning. My head skinned around at the possible ideas.

"It's just my morning voice," I yawned, looking at the group that I just now noticed was watching me.

A thought occurred to me; had Louis remembered my break down last night? Had anyone heard me, other than Louis?

"How was your night?" Perrie suddenly asked; plopping down on the floor beside me with her legs now crossed.

She looked at me expectantly, waiting to hear what I had to say. Clearing my throat, I remembered that I had to keep up my accent. It was tough to do it all the time.

"It was alright, it was hard to sleep with the noises, though," I frowned, remembering the long night that I had.

Most everyone's nose's scrunched up in confusion. Danielle's eyes looked at me closely, as if noticing that I didn't look exactly the same as Eleanor.

"I didn't hear any noises," Danielle commented, sitting beside us.

"Girls, we have to go, and plus I really don't like this place," Liam shuddered to himself, giving each of us a pleading glance.

I completely agreed with his statement; we didn't want to stay longer than needed. Plus, I wanted to get as far away from this place as soon as possible.

The three of us stood to our feet, looking over at the five immature boys. Louis eyes seemed to find me, checking me over to make sure I was alright.

"Ready?" Zayn gave a quick nod towards the door, his body slightly shaking.

Most of us nodded, following Harry out the door. Louis was instantly by my side, his arm brushing mine every once in a while.

"So, what are we doing today?" I asked, looking at Liam.

He shook his head, "We have a concert and we need to get going, so we won't be late!" Liam still looked a little annoyed while he walked out the door.

I frowned at his retreating figure but didn't say anything. My body was slumped; I was still extremely tired.

"C'mon," Louis chortled, following Liam out the door.

It was deadly quiet once again, the halls giving me the chills. None of us even dared to speak, though I knew the same things were going through our minds.

When we walked into the lobby; the man wasn't there anymore. A feeling that I couldn't figure out seeped inside of me. We shouldn't have even stayed here!

Not wanting to be here any longer, I was the first one out the door. The rest traveled behind; I'm glad we could get out of here.

I realized something; the van was gone! Nothing was in sight; no black, large van! My mouth dropped open; what were we going to do now?

"What's going on?" I asked, looking around to see if the van was anywhere.

"I think that guy was just trying to steal our car! I'll call Paul," Liam sighs, taking out his phone and dialing a number.

We wait at least a moment before Liam start blabbering on the phone. I stressfully run a hand through my hair.

"Hi, I know- but let- wait I need- okay, bye," Liam groaned, shoving it in his pocket.

Danielle seemed to notice his distress, not that anybody else didn't. Liam was wrapped in her hug before he could even say anything.

"What's wrong?" She batted her eyelashes up at him, a hand rubbing his arm.

"Paul wouldn't listen so he just started yelling. He's not picking us up. What are we going to do?" He started walking in circles, Danielle unable to help him.

"I don't know," she muttered to him, walking away from his crazy self.

Niall started cursing under his breath, complaining about how they were missing the concert.

"This is bad," he mumbled, holding his stomach.

I felt like I was going to be sick if I didn't eat anything. This had happened before, but not this horrible. My stomach ached in pain.

"You alright, babe? You seem a little out of it," Louis stroked my cheek, giving me a soft look.

"Yeah, I'm just trying to think of what to do," I sigh, running a hand through my hair once again.

He nods while a frown forms on his face. He seems to take this into consideration.

"What about calling a taxi?" Perrie suggests, pulling out her phone.

"Yeah, that could work," Zayn gives a small smile, looking at Perrie.

I think about calling with my cell, but then remember I had no idea of what the taxi number could be. I shoved the thought away.

"I'll just call," Danielle rolls her eyes, typing in the number and calling it.

She starts talking to the person on the line but hangs up after five minutes, gritting her teeth.

"They said they won't go this far out," she stomps her foot in annoyance, but I really couldn't blame her.

"This is stupid," I mutter, sitting on the sidewalk and rolling my eyes.

The group seems to think about this for a moment. A thought went through Liam's mind but he didn't seem too fond of the idea.

"We're going to have to walk until we can find a car," Liam throws his hands up.

Every single one of us groans, unable to contain it. I couldn't believe we had gotten in a situation like this! I couldn't help but blame the whole group of One Direction.

"Really?" Louis complains, his shoulders going limp.

"There really is no other choice," Niall presses his lips together.

We headed out in one direction, leaving behind the place that would stick in our memories. I walked beside Danielle and Perrie, while the lads walked by each other.

My contacts were ticking me off because they had been in too long. You were only supposed to wear them for the day, not night.

It had been at least an hour and there were still no signs of cars. We were all wondering where in the world we were.

"We're not going in a circle, are we?" Zayn fixes his hair, looking behind us.

"I don't think so, we would have seen some of the same things, but nothing looks the same," Harry pointed out to us.

"Let's start walking again," Niall frowned, walking ahead of everyone.

I followed everyone quietly behind, just in my own thoughts. It wasn't long before someone joined beside me.

"Hey," Danielle smiles, making me jump.

She started walking right beside me, dangerously close. My breathing hitched in my throat.

"Oh, hey," I chuckle nervously, looking behind to get out of the oncoming conversation.

"I think I know why you are acting so different," she frowns to herself, looking over at me.

I raise my eyebrows, my hand slightly shaking. She couldn't know, could she? This thought panicked me. She couldn't know!

"What, what are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine," I lie through gritted teeth.

She leans over and whispers in my ear,

"I know you're not Eleanor."

I gasp loudly, turning towards her. My face was full of shock and terror. How could she know? I tried my best; Eleanor wasn't going to be exactly happy with me.

"How could you think that? I'm Eleanor; you should know who your best friend is!" I shout, but try to calm down; we didn't need extra attention.

"That's exactly it, I know who my best friend is and you're not her," she states bluntly, kicking a rock in front of her.

My mind goes blank. I had absolutely no idea of what to say to that. I fumbled with the buttons of my jeans.

"I'm sorry," I sigh, also kicking rocks that were on the street.

"It's alright, but what happened to her?" She questioned in curiosity, her eyebrows raised.

I sighed deeply, not really wanting to tell her the whole story. I knew I didn't really have a choice though, so I went on with it.

"She had a job to take care of that's going to last a while. She didn't want to hurt Louis, so she asked me to take her place. I don't know how the others haven't already figured it out," I frown in defeat.

"This is just crazy! Anyways, what's your real name?"

"Evangeline Mya," I sigh, not looking her in the eye.

She nods thoughtfully, seeming to mull over the thoughts that I had just said. Panicking for a moment, I look around to see if anyone noticed our conversation.

"I see; can I call you Eva?" She bit her lip, looking at the rest of our group.

"Of course, but not around the boys."

"I know; I bet its weird having them call you El. I know it would be weird for me." She laughs with me, leaning backwards.

"Yes, it is but I'm trying to get used to it. You can't tell anyone about this, not even Perrie. No one can know." I stressfully make out the point.

She nods thoughtfully, giving me a reassuring smile. I'm glad she understood where I was coming from.

"I know, I promise I won't. If you ever need anything, I'll be here." She grins warmly, her face full of emotion.

"Thanks Dani," I grin back her, testing out the new name.

The last thing that went through my ears was a loud honk along with a scream, before I was consumed in darkness.

© piercingwings 2013

*Edited*