The Truth

Chapter 29

I kicked a can, the pain making an appearance. If he couldn't bear to see her, he must not be over her. Was he just leading me on this whole time? Was I the girl who he needed to get his mind off things?

I tugged at the ends of my hair stressfully. It felt like the weight of the world was on my shoulders and there was nothing I could do about it. I also felt empty, like there was nothing here for me.

The walk wasn't very far but it only reminded me of the wonderful, short time we had together. Since it was dark out, my fear got the best of me. How could he just leave me like that? I would be riding the train alone. Shuddering at the thought, I realized that I didn't have any money for another train ticket!

My breathing became quick; this was not happening! How could I be so stupid as to not bring a purse! I had no phone or money; what was I supposed to do? Where was I going to stay? This date was a huge mistake on my part, as much as I didn't want to admit it.

Maybe I could get a ride from Danielle! Even though she did ruin the date, there was no other option. Sighing stressfully, I walked back into the small restaurant.

The couple sat, eating peacefully. Yeah, that wasn't going to last. Biting my lip, I thought this through again. Gaining some courage, I stalked over to their table. Danielle looked up at me in shock, her mouth opening and closing like a fish.

"Eva? Is that really you?" She gasped, her fork dropping on her plate and making a loud noise.

I looked around before nodding, giving the man a curious glance. He was glaring at me; guess I didn't make a great first impression. Danielle stood from her seat, whispering something into her date's ear.

He seemed to agree with whatever she was saying because the next second I know, I'm being dragged to the bathroom. She let go of my arm once we were inside.

"What are you doing here? The paps could see you!" She frowned, a frustrated expression crossing her face.

She must have found out about the whole thing. Closing my eyes, I let out a long sigh. I needed to get out of here, now! It felt like the room was closing on me.

"Can we go outside? I'll explain out there," I pleaded, unable to stay in this unconditioned bathroom.

She shrugs her shoulders, leaving the restroom. I followed behind her, not saying anything. A bench was placed again the side of the building; we gladly took it.

"Well, this is a long story," I give her a look, my lips going to the side.

I explained everything to her and I mean everything. She nodded when needed to let me know she was listening. It was nice to see her again but not under these terms.

"Isn't your boyfriend waiting for you?" I raised my eyebrows, almost laughing at her expression.

She jumps up from her seat, rushing into the empty restaurant. I really need to get back, I wonder if Liam was back yet. Danielle came back with her boyfriend on her arm. She smiled warmly down at me.

"I'm sorry if I ruined your date. I'll give you money to get back, it's the least I can do," she grins reassuringly.

Relief washed over me; at least I made the right decision of going back there. I would have probably stayed awake all night on the streets.

"Thank you so much, Dani! I honestly don't know what I would do without you," I smile, a real smile lighting up my face.

She did leave me but I couldn't blame her, I got over that a whole ago. It's always hard to let something go but once you can, you feel much better. She couldn't come with me but I didn't mind. Her boyfriend, Daniel, planned something else for them to do before my problem came up.