Disaster Date

Chapter 28

A frown was placed on my lips as I looked in the mirror, trying to convince myself that I looked at least a bit decent. All the girls were chattering excitedly but here I was, my hands trembling.

"You look amazing, doll!" Perrie smiles at me through the mirror; she's been smiling all week.

Shaking my head at her, I reapplied some mascara that was coming off. The dress I was wearing was flying up from the air vent that was on the floor. It was beautiful sundress but I was still self-cautious.

"You look like an angel, trust me babe," Eleanor assures, giving me a weak smile but I saw right through it.

She was still upset about the whole Louis thing. He's been ignoring her ever since she got released from the hospital. She misses him, I can tell. I'm pretty sure Louis has been missing her too.

Liam convinced the band to let me stay here, at least for now. Louis has also been ignoring me, not even bothering to respond when I try to talk to him.

Even though I seem like everything's okay, I'm still grieving over my parents. The stress and pain from everything was too much for one person; I was slowly giving up hope.

I'm trying not to do anything drastic for Liam's sake, he's pretty much the only reason I'm staying strong. Elisha snapped her fingers in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Are you ready?" She asks, giving me a knowing smile, trying not to squeal.

I held in a sigh, she was going to tease me forever. Still the same, I grinned to myself at the thought. I'm glad she hasn't changed though, most girls in my childhood left because they thought they were 'better' than me.

"Not really," I commented, running some fingers through my hair.

My hair was in soft curls, which honestly was my best look, at least I thought so. When I was little, Elisha always said she wanted my hair. I don't see why, we pretty much had the same hair.

The one thing I hope doesn't happen on the date, the paps finding us. The last time wasn't too pleasant. The boys forbid us to go onto Twitter, not that I blame them. The whole world knew about us, the 'Calder Twins' as everyone says.

"Don't you fret, girl! You weren't the only nervous girl here. I was practically having a panic attack when Harry asked me out," Eliisa grins, tugging on the ends of her hair.

Even though they were only trying to help, it was making it worse. The more they gave thoughts, the more I pondered on the thoughts.

Perrie checked her phone, grinning widely. Rolling my eyes at the crazy blond, I sighed, knowing what was coming. It was time for me to leave, not that it was a bad thing. As excited as I was, I couldn't help but be nervous.

"It's time for you to go! Plus the sooner you guys get back the sooner I can tell you the news," she claps her hands excitedly; she's finally going to tell us why she's been so excited?

I looked in the mirror again, making sure everything was perfect. It was weird to think I was going out with Danielle's ex, not that it really mattered but she was still a friend, sort of.

"Oh come on, I'm sure Liam is waiting," Elisha urges me out the door, the feeling of getting sick stronger than ever.

I wasn't the girl who liked to go out on tons of dates, one of the reasons of many that I was nervous. The rest of Little Mix was hanging out while I was on my date; it had something to do with Perrie's news.

"Remember, he's just a normal guy. Well another than being in the world's biggest boy band," Eleanor smiles, "I had to tell myself the same thing when I first went out with Louis," she sighs, fixing her perfect hair.

I purse my lips, not going to say anything. Maybe she was right, he was just a boy. Giving each of them a thankful smile, I walked out of the room. I fidgeted with my fingers, trying to distract myself.

Liam was waiting at the bottom of the steps. I could hear the chatter in the living room; guess the girls are here. I've only met Jade and that was once, I'm not sure of what they thought of me.

He smiled widely, taking my hand as I descended down the steps. Nervously, I leaned into his side for reassurance that I wouldn't fall on my face. Knowing me, that would be something I would do.

"You don't have to be nervous, babe," he chuckled lightly, trying to lighten the mood.

He noticed that? He must have seen my expression. I sigh, mentally slapping myself at my stupidity. He weaved his fingers through mine, leading me into the living room.

Jade was the first one to jump out of her seat, giving me a side hug. Guess she remembers me, not that it was hard to remember when your face was all over the Internet.

"Hello Eva, nice to finally see you again!" A smile tugged at her lips, amused at my shocked expression I'm guessing.

I coughed in the back of my throat to gain my voice back, "Same," I awkwardly comment, leaning further into Liam's side.

The other beautiful two girls stood to their feet, giving me smiles. Does everyone they hang out have to be practically models?

I knew Louis' eyes were anywhere but in my direction. Sighing quietly, I decided it was time to greet the two eager girls.

"Hi, I'm Evangeline. Nice to finally meet you!" I try to say as enthusiastically as possible, hoping it worked.

Letting go of Liam's hand, I stepped forward. Before I knew it, I was wrapped into two bone crushing hugs.

"I can't believe I'm finally meeting you, I'm Jesy by the way," Jesy grinned, finally letting me out of her hug along with Leigh-Ann.

Leigh-Ann tucked her curly hair behind her ear, blinking her eyes rapidly, "It's surprising how alike you look to Eleanor," Leigh-Ann comments, still trying to comprehend that I was here.

Nodding my head, I gave her a small smile. A hand placed on my shoulder broke me out of my stare with Louis. I spun around, giving myself a whiplash.

"Whoa there," Liam laughed loudly, steadying me by holding my waist.

A small blush covered my cheeks, making Liam pinch them like he was my grandma. The whole room burst out laughing, even Louis cracked a small smile.

"I'm not your grandma, I don't think I go on dates with my grandma," Liam pouted, oh man.

I said that aloud, didn't I? Actually smacking my forehead, I groan in annoyance. My now pink cheeks turned bright red. Of course I would say something stupid right before my big date. Sighing, I gently gripped Liam's hand.

He nodded, understanding the message. Liam said a goodbye while I just waved, hoping to get out of here. The girls at the top of the stairs giggled loudly, grabbing my attention.

Of course they would rub it in. Elisha winks at me secretly before I open the door and rush out. Liam's grin was spreading across his face.

"I'm glad you are amused," I grumble, looking down at the concrete ground.

We walked to the Range Rover, Liam gladly opening the passenger door for me. Giving him a quick thank you, I sit down in the seat. The leather calmed my nerves as I slumped against it.

The driver's side opened, Liam sliding inside. He turned on the car, leaving the drive way. His hand reached out for the radio button, turning it on. Ironically, One Direction blasted through the speakers.

"I thought we could have some fun," an evil grin spreads across his face as he turns up the volume and sings on the top of his lung.

Giggling, I sing with him. Surprisingly, we both sound pretty decent together. The longer we drive, the more curious I begin to grow. Where are we going?

We pull into the train station, making me raise my eyebrows. What in the world are we doing here? Liam just shrugs, stepping out of the car and opening the door before I could even step out.

"Milady," he reaches for my hand, making me land softly on my feet.

"Thank you, kind sir," I giggle for the second time this night, entwining our hands together.

He locks the car, placing the keys in his pocket. We walk up to the ticket booth hand in hand. Liam whispers something to the guy, who handed him our tickets.

Rolling my eyes at him, we made our way to the main area where all the trains were. As a train passes by, the wind blows back my long hair.

I closed my eyes, enjoying the refreshing wind. It made me feel like a child again and I wish more than anything that was true. But, like always it only lasted for so long.

"We have to go," Liam sighed, making my eyes open and look at the stopped train in front of us.

Giving him a small nod, I follow him onto the train. The place was pretty empty, it was Monday but I didn't mind, privacy is nice.

It was pretty stuffy in here and it was quite hard to breathe. I tried taking a deep breath but I could feel the panic attack coming on. I've never been the girl who was able to handle sudden situations. I was the one who was panicking and thinking of the worst things that could happen.

"Angie, are you alright there? You are really pale," Liam's concerned voice got me out of my pathetic thoughts.

My eyes opened unwillingly, staring into Liam's brown eyes that I loved so much. I've always loved how caring this boy was. No matter what, he always seemed to care.

"I'm okay," I weakly smile at him, "for now," I add under my breath but not loud enough for him to hear me.

He frowns but doesn't pry, thankfully. He really understands; the thought alone almost made me smile. My hand was still wrapped in his.

My mind once again goes to where in the world we are going. If we needed to get on this train it had to be somewhere special, right? Just being with Liam was enough though. If he were to make me do a car wash with him, it would still be an amazing date.

The train comes to a stop, making me fly forward in my seat. I landed on the floor with a loud thud echoing through the car. Liam instantly pulled me back into my seat; my cheek burning red. Seems like I've been blushing a lot tonight.

"You okay there, babe?" He raises his eyebrows teasing me, making me give him my best glare.

I huff out, keeping my lips sealed. This boy was something else. His hand left mine, catching my attention. He stood from his seat, waving me on to follow him. Sighing, I followed him out of the train car and into the train station.

Looking up, I saw we were in some town that I didn't recognize. Oh well, I'll just find out later. The light almost blinded me as we stepped off the stairs that leaded down to the station.

A taxi was parked in the front, waiting for us. Wherever we were going was not within walking distance, I didn't expect it to be.

We slipped in the back of the cab, taking off. The woman must have known where we were going because she didn't say a word the entire drive.

The windows were tinted so I couldn't see anything other than darkness, which was annoying me. He must have really wanted this to be special.

I opened the door, my hand going limp at my side. The smell of the sea washed over me, instantly calming me. We had to be at a beach. A smile lit up my face as I saw the ocean waves fill my vision.

"Are you ready?" Liam smiled at me from beside me, making me realize that the cab was no longer here.

Now he was starting to look nervous, not helping me at all. Nodding, I childishly linked arms with him and let him drag me to where we were going.

He took us over to the sea port; don't tell me he's doing what I think he's doing! I knew I was correct when we stopped in front of a boat. A driver was placed at the wheel and he looked like he was waiting for someone.

"Ah, Liam, nice to finally see you again," The man genuinely smiled at him, "Is this your lady friend?" He chuckled loudly.

Liam looked over at me, giving me a curt nod. He didn't seem nervous any longer, he looked relaxed that I was actually excited. He wrapped an arm around my waist, smiling at the man.

"You could say that," he laughs, throwing his head back, "This is Eva," Liam replies at little hesitant.

The man nods at Liam, turning towards me and giving me his best smile. At least he wasn't judging me about my past, something that many people did.

"Nice to meet you, Eva. I'm Brett, at your service," he says in a posh accent, pretending to tip an inexistent hat.

Liam claps his hands together, sighing lightly, "Let's go!" He cheered in a very excited voice.

The next second I was placed in the small boat, guess Liam was eager to get going. Chortling, I sat down on the padded bench that was against the side of the boat.

Liam plopped down beside me with a sigh of content. His arm went around my waist, pulling him into his side. I leaned my head on his shoulder, happy to be here.

"Do you like it?" He questions, moving a strand of hair out of my face.

Sighing to myself, I nod to reassure him. It was amazing and I doubt anything could beat this. The boat picked up speed and soon enough we were out in the ocean.

I've never said anything about it before but I've always been nervous in boats that went out into the ocean. I've seen way too many shows about people getting suck out there, it freaked me out.

"It's perfect," I grin, looking up at the blue sky.

My dress was perfect for this occasion, which made me glad that I let the girls help. My head left Liam's shoulder so I could gaze up at him. He was already looking in my direction, making me smile.

"Well since we don't know much about each other, how about we learn?" He suggested, letting me turn towards him.

We talked for hours, just about everything. It was nice to finally let everything out to someone you trust fully. He was very understanding with everything and a good person to vent to.

I remember when I first met the whole group, my hatred amusing. Well, I never did hate them I suppose. More of just annoyed by the fact that they were celebrities.

My option instantly changed once I got to know them. Never judge a book by its cover, that's for sure. Everyone has a story to tell, no matter who it is. There is always something behind everything.

The boat came to a stop, Brett tying up the boat to the dock. Liam was helping him while I waited for them to be finished. Liam looked over at me, it was time to go.

It was starting to get dark outside, making me slightly afraid of the surroundings. Frowning, I got off the seat and followed Liam. We were both starting to get hungry so he suggested we get something to eat.

"Is this alright? I hope this isn't like the worst date you ever been on," he ran his hands through his hair out of frustration.

Shaking my head at his wordiness, I comment, "Everything was perfect Liam and this is fine," I squinted my eyes at him.

He just sighed, opening the door to the restaurant. A waiter was at our service right away, leading us to a table. We sat down across from each other.

"Did you enjoy your day?" I asked Liam, hoping at least he enjoyed my company.

He grinned widely but as soon as he glanced behind me, it fell off his face. His eyes were clouded over and a pained expression made its way on his features.

He stood from his seat, running out of the restaurant too quickly for me to follow. What just happened? Was the date that bad? Was he just playing me?

Glancing behind me, I saw the reason of why he left. Shock filled me; this couldn't be happening. One of the best days I've had in a while had to be ruined.

There behind me sat Danielle Peazer, sitting with a guy, smiling like crazy. They seemed happy, not helping my mood. Huffing, I pushed myself away from the table and stood from the chair.

Luckily, we hadn't ordered so it wasn't a big deal that I was leaving. I rushed out of the place, Perrie's news completely leaving my mind. The only thing running through my mind was, why me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Who's excited for This Is Us? I know I am! Haha, hope you liked the chapter ;)

© piercingwings 2013

*Edited*