Unforgiving

Chapter 22

You would think that we would've been ready for this after all this time but truthfully, I wasn't anything near ready. Eleanor and I shared a look of shock before spinning around and facing him. His confused expression only pained me more; I wish this had never happened.

I don't think Eleanor could help herself; she threw her arms around Louis' frame. Louis didn't respond though, his arms went limp against his side. He looked between the both of us, still completely confused. Louis gently removed El away from his body; hurt filled El's face.

"What is going on?" Louis was the first to break the silence.

He ran a hand through his hair, an act of stress. His eyes held the hurt that he was masking in his face; I don't think he wanted to accept the fact. He was frantically looking between the two of us. The door behind Louis opened, Liam walking out.

"Hey Lou, what-" he stopped mid-sentence, seeing that the two of us were here.

"Oh no," he murmurs under his breath, not looking at either of us.

Eleanor breathed heavily, her mouth opening and closing. She looked at me desperately, not knowing what to say to the love of her life.

"Louis, can we just sit down and explain all of this," I sigh, my British accent fading.

"I should have known. I knew you were different, but I didn't want to listen to myself. I should have seen this earlier! The fake accent, the different personality, just everything about you is different! Ugh, I'm so stupid," he sighs, sliding down the wall.

I shoo El, Bella, and Liam away, so I could explain this whole crazy thing. The physical pain I was feeling was no match for the emotional one. Liam grabbed El's and Bella's hand and dragged her away. He gave me one last look before leaving us alone.

I slid down the wall right beside him, my shoulder gently touching his. His face was buried in his hands; his hair a mess.

"Louis, I'm so sorry you had to find out this way. This wasn't supposed to happen. I never wanted to do this. You don't know how sorry I am," I mumble, resisting the urge to lay my head on his shoulder.

He was more of a best friend than anything else; his smile could cheer anybody up and seeing him so depressed is one of the worst feelings in the world.

"Can you just explain how this whole thing happened? I just want to know why you guys did what you did," he sighs, looking up at me.

His expression breaks my heart; I couldn't bear to look at him any longer so I gaze away, playing with my fingers.

He looked so confused; I would be too in his position. Just sitting here was breaking my heart; I really hoped we could have done this better.

"Remember when I blacked out that one time and I woke up in the tour bus? When we met for the first time?" I ask softly, sighing.

"Of course, I was wondering why you had a different eye color and accent," he laughs dryly to himself.

I frown slightly, offended. I knew he wouldn't take this matter lightly. Eleanor was in heaps of trouble.

"Well I was just a normal girl, doing a blog. I posted videos weekly, doing goofy things with my friend, Bella. She was actually a fan of One Direction, but I truthfully didn't care the least bit about you guys. She made me answer questions about the band and other things," I laugh to myself at the memory.

"Mhm," he nods his head, still not getting where this is going.

I shake my head, letting the distant memory pass. It was such a long time ago, but I still remember it clearly.