Surprise Visit

Chapter 24

The next day they already had a flight booked for my apartment. Since they couldn't buy one in the short time period, I would be staying at another hotel for a week. They were nice enough to supply me with furniture. It was honestly too much but they insisted.

Bella said it was best if I didn't live in my hometown because of all the memories, so they settled me down in Florida. The place they choose was almost like a condo, it was an amazing place. I couldn't thank them enough even though I was depressed about leaving.

"Evangeline, your flight is boarding," Eleanor's voice broke me out of my thoughts.

Even though Louis and El were taking a break, I could tell that wasn't going to last very long. I could see the way he looked at her; he missed her. I don't blame him, though. The auto tone voice filled the airport terminal; it was time for me to leave.

The girls took me on a shopping spree so I wouldn't go without any clothes. Bella was upset that I was moving once again, far away from her. My red suitcase sat in front of my legs, waiting for me to drag it along.

"I know," I sigh deeply, releasing Liam's hand that was entwined with mine.

As I stood, the feeling of dread came across. I was really leaving; staring my life. I could practically do anything I wanted. Go to college after summer, which we were in the middle of. If I was going to be out on my own like I'm planning, I would need to go to college.

"Angie," Liam's voice held desperation, "you know this is the last time you will ever be seeing us, don't you," as he went on, a frown etched his face.

Even though I didn't want to admit it, I already knew I wasn't going to be seeing them anytime soon. If I ever wanted to see them again, I would have to find them. They wouldn't be knocking on my door anytime soon.

Once again, I muttered an, "I know."

Liam's arms opened and I gladly stepped into them. His arms tightened around my frame, as if he never wanted to let go. You always know when you won't be seeing someone again; their hugs are ten times better.

"I'm sorry it had to turn out like this, Eva. Maybe if I would have met you on a regular greeting, it would have been different.

I quietly nodded in agreement. The hug dragged on but I knew it was time to let go. Each of them embraced me in their open arms. All of the girls had tears running down their faces; not that I blame them because I was doing the exact same thing.

The time came when I had to leave. Before I was about to walk down the walkway, I turned around and ran to Liam. His surprised face didn't faze me. I gently pressed my lips to his and spun around before he could respond. I waved one last time and left.

"Goodbye," I whisper to myself as I enter the plane.

____________________________________________________

The week at the hotel was up. It was quite nice but it wasn't home. Loneliness filled me as I sat in a chair in the hotel. It was almost time to sign out but I was still going to wait a few minutes. My suitcase was packed and everything was set. Sighing, I took my room card and suitcase, leaving the room.

The truth that my parents were truly gone finally settled on me when I had time to think about it. They were never coming back; I would never see their faces again. The thought alone depressed me to no end.

My new phone buzzed in my pockets; someone texted me. They ended up buying me a new phone because of the phone accident. I pretty much lost everything but I was new. Everything about me changed.

'Hey Evangeline, are you moving in today?' Liam texted me.

To say I was shocked was an understatement; I truthfully thought that he would never talk to me again. Shaking the thought out of my head, I responded.

'Yep, I'm leaving the hotel now,' I texted back, slipping my phone into my pocket, not bothering to check to see if he responded back.

I walked up to the front desk, handing my key to the lady who had a fake smile plastered on her face. Why must all women be so cold? Giggling quietly, I looked at the lady's scowl that was permanently etched on her face.

"I hope you enjoyed your stay, Ms. Have a nice day!" Couldn't she be any faker?

I pursed my lips in annoyance, I replied, "Thank you, it was wonderful. Maybe you should talk to your boss about anger management," I winked, giving her the hint.

Her cheeks flushed red with anger, just proving my point even further. She rolled her eyes and popped a piece of gum in her mouth.

"Honey, does it look like a care?" She smacked on her gum, a smirk on her pretty little face.

I huffed, muttering a few curse words under my breath. She giggled to herself; a very childish act for a forty year old.

"Hun, you are acting quite childish for a forty year old," my nose scrunched up, sighing.

She gasped loudly, drawing the attention of the rest of the guests that were in the crowded room. They were probably already looking at us.

"I'm only twenty five! What are you, eighty?" She stuck her nose in the air, placing her hands on her hip.

I fake yawned, showing her I wasn't interested in this silly fight. Well, I was the one who started it, but she was the one who was acting like a queen.

"I'm much younger than you, old hag. I'm leaving now, goodbye!" I was about to turn around but she slapped me, as hard as she possibly could.

My own hand felt my stinging cheek; I cupping it gently. She had some nerve messing with me. Then again, this is not who I am. Before any of this, I barely even spoke; other than my video dairies.

"Who do you think you are, lady? I'm calling the manager once I get to my house. Bonjour," I waved with my other hand, leaving the fancy building.

The sweet smell of the ocean filled my nose; I was only a mile away from it. Even though the hotel was a beach front, the view from the window was amazing.

If I hadn't been through what I had, with the kidnapper, I doubt I would have taken the slap so lightly. I huffed out in annoyance. When I reached my rental car, I stepped into the front seat. The lads offered to buy a car, but I just told them I could rent one until I could buy one. They agreed, but still weren't too fond of the idea.

The key was in my pocket so I reached for it, starting the car. The installed navigation system started up.

"Shoreline apartments," I spoke aloud.

This car was absolutely amazing. It could do almost anything. The destination was set. The automatic voice filled the car, telling me where to go.

Luckily, the apartment was only a few minutes away. I didn't know what to expect because they wouldn't tell me anything about it. My heart ached at the thought of them. I missed them all, they're goofy personalities.

I heard that they had a music video coming out today; I was quite excited to see it. Sighing, I pulled into the parking lot of the apartment. The building was a baby blue but as it went up it faded into sea blue. It was a beach front, which surprised me. I was going to be living on the beach.

"Those boys," I mutter, stepping out of the car and slamming it shut after I grabbed some papers.

A moving truck was placed outside of the building, it full of furniture. I'm guessing that stuff was mine because I knew that there weren't many people living here because of the price.

Smiling lightly, I pushed open the glass doors, entering the building I would be living in. Of course it smelled of ocean but there was also a hint of fragrance in the air. Closing my eyes and breathing deeply, I stepped forward to get my room keys.

"Hello," I coughed, trying to get the lady's attention.

Her head snapped up, lines forming in her already wrinkled face, "Hello dear! Are you Ms. Mya?" A bright smile formed on her cracked lips.

"Yes, that would be me," I chuckle, offering her my own smile.

Her smile brightened as she heard my words. Her frail hand reached in a compartment; most likely for my room key.

"Those nice boys bought your room, huh? They are quite something," she laughs to herself, handing me a gold key.

"They are," I agreed, my smile faltering at the memory of them.

She sniffles, turning around and reaching into another compartment. After a second, she handed me some papers.

"Hand these to the movers outside, dear. They have your things," she gave a small smile, shooing me away.

Nodding my head, I walked back outside and over to the open truck. A few guys were already unloading my things.

"Excuse me," I bit my lip, looking between the two guys who were unloading stuff.

The older one glanced at me, his eyes rolling. The younger one had a smirk on his face; as if he was hiding something. He did look a bit off, if you ask me. His blond hair seemed fake, but I just shook my head.

"Here," I handed the papers to the younger man, rocking back and forth on my heels.

His eyes scanned the paper before handing it back over to me. He gave a short nod before stepping out of the truck. He gave me a quick smile before picking up some stuff.

"Follow me," his American accent stuck out, making me stop in my place for a second.

Shaking my head, I followed him to the elevator. I looked down at my paper, seeing what floor I was on; floor three. My room number was seventeen. He pressed the button and the door closed.

"So, you just move in?" He asked, stating the obvious.

I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly, nodding my head in his direction.

"Yeah, I am," I sigh, remembering the reason why I was moving.

He once again smirks knowingly, looking at the floor. The elevator dinged, signaling we were at my floor. The guy waved his hand to get me to go before him. Shrugging, I left the elevator and went down the hall. The key was still in my hand. When we reached my room, which was the furthest down the hall, I unlocked the door.

To say I was in shock would be an understatement. It looked exactly like a dream condo, the perfect place. The walls were blue, of course. Sea shells lined the walls, beach pictures were also on the walls. Smiling, the guy placed the stuff he had in his hands on the floor.

I was too in awe to see that the guy's appearance had changed.

"Miss me?" His signature smirk was back on his face, dimples lighting his smile.

"Harry!" I squeal, throwing myself in his arms, not caring he was laughing at me.

His arms tighten around my body as I did his. I didn't want to let go because I didn't think I would ever see him again. He managed to pry me off, much to my dismay.

"Why are you here? I didn't think I would ever see you again," my face turned into a frown; why would he be here?

His smile saddened and he reached out to put a hand on my shoulder. His eyes held a lot of emotion but I could tell he was trying to hide it.

"I just thought I would surprise you, I know how much you didn't want to leave," he trailed off, glancing around the room, "Is that a slap mark?" He raised his eyebrows.

Looking at the floor, I nodded sheepishly. He gave a small smile, shaking his head. His curls were in an up do. Personally, I liked his hair just the way it was, but it wasn't my hair.

"Yeah, stupid hotel lady," I mumble under my breath, narrowing my eyes.

His deep laughter filled the empty room. Soon, I joined in with him. His laughter creased and we just smiled at each other.

"Are the others here?" My hope getting the better of me, but as soon as he shook his head, all of it left.

"No, they don't actually know I'm here," he rubbed the back of his neck, sighing.

I guess I could understand but I couldn't help but wonder how they were doing. This fandom was the craziest I've ever seen, so you never know what could happen.

"Oh," I sigh, "when are you leaving?" I bit my lip, fluttering my eyelashes.

He frowned at my question; I knew he didn't want to answer but he did anyway.

"Tomorrow, they would be worried if I stayed any longer," he trailed off, looking anywhere but me.

All good things come to an end. Nothing lasts, no matter how hard you try. I frowned at him, my emotion showing.

"Where are you going to-" I got cut off by the older guy who was helping Harry.

"Son, are you going to help or just stay and flirt with this girl?" He raised his eyebrows expectantly before setting down the couch that he was holding.

"Sorry Hank, I'm coming," he muttered, giving a quick nod towards the guy who was named Hank.

He rolled his eyes; must have a temper issue. He grumbled something under his breath, but I couldn't catch anything.

"Follow me," Harry bit his lip, grabbing my hand and tugging me out of my room.

Hank shut the door, slamming it closed. He quietly followed us, not saying a word. Once we managed to get all my things inside the apartment, Hank left to get the other truck. Of course Harry stayed with me.

"What were you going to ask earlier?" Harry asked, plopping down on the couch, patting the seat beside him.

Laughing, I also sat down. He threw an arm around my shoulder, it lying limp around my shoulders.

"Well, I was going to ask where you were going to stay," I closed my eyes tightly, drained from helping with the furniture.

"Oh, about that," he laughed nervously, "I was hoping I could stay here," he sheepishly grinned.

Wait a second, how in the world did he get a job to move my stuff?

"Harold, how in the world did you get a job just to move my stuff?" I raised my eyes, giving him a glare.

"Uh, well, you know I'm famous, it has its perks," his face brightened.

Wow, the famous card. Of course it would be easy for him to fake a job. Giggling I replied, "Well, I guess you could stay here. I won't mind. You have to sleep on the couch though," I smiled.

"Thank you!" His dimples appeared on his cheeks.

Shrugging, I leaned back on the couch. It wasn't that comfortable because of the plastic wrap that was around it.

"Oh Harry," I giggle, thinking of how my life turned out.

© piercingwings 2013

*Edited*