Pretending

Chapter 4

After the fiasco happened yesterday, things calmed down a bit. We were still driving, which didn't surprise me. Currently, we were stopped at a rest stop for some odd reason. I honestly didn't care, so I didn't bother to ask.

At the moment, I was lying in a bunk bed while the others were lounging outside of the RV. It was nice to get away from the rowdy boys. I've never had to deal with people like them, so it was slightly nerve wracking.

My phone buzzed in my hand; I was currently browsing on the Internet. Since my phone wasn't a smartphone, the Internet sucked. Startled, I jumped up and ended up banging my head on the ceiling.

A groan sounded through my lips at the pain. Thankfully, the boys didn't hear me. I didn't want Louis to bug me again; if he ever found about my dirty secret, he wouldn't care anymore.

Sighing to myself, I leaned my elbows against the rough pillow. My phone fell in my lap, just waiting for it to be picked up. I bit my lip and glanced down at the screen.

An email notification was placed on the screen. Rolling my eyes, I opened the email. Right away I could tell it was from Eleanor.

'Hello, love. As you can tell, this is Eleanor. I knew you were probably still wondering about some things. I attached a link to help with the British accent; it should help. As for information about the band, I suggest for you to just look it up on the Internet. One tip I need you to follow is that you can't act like you don't know Louis. That's all for now, thanks.'

My mouth hung open; to tell the truth, I wasn't expecting that. It did help in ways, but it wasn't anything that I couldn't have come up with. Shaking my head, I plopped down on the pillow.

The sound of the door opening and slamming shut rang through the quiet RV. I tensed as the cover that was covering me from view opened. Zayn's head popped in, a curious expression on his face.

"Did you order a package? It's addressed to you," Zayn trails off, looking awkward while talking to me.

I rub the back of my neck, my eyes unable to keep in contact with his. I slowly nod my head, finally looking at him. He gives me a weird look, but hands it over anyways.

"Thanks, Zayn," I murmur quietly, almost inaudible.

He sucks his lips in and gives a short head nod. He walks away without muttering another word. That was just plain odd. Frowning, I tore open the small package.

My contacts were revealed; I just hoped that they worked. If they didn't, then there would be a problem. It was pointless going into the bathroom, since there was no mirror.

Quirking my lips to the side, I opened the little container. It didn't work at first, but I managed to get both of the contacts in my eyes. It felt completely weird and awkward in my eye, but I would have to deal with it.

I knew the rest of them were back inside because we were moving again. I hear Louis yell something, but it wasn't important to me. I sighed, leaning against the wall.

After a few short minutes, we stopped again. Confusion to as to what we were doing swirled in my brain. The cover was pulled back again, but this time Louis was the one who did it.

"Babe, we're at a hotel. Are you're sure you're alright?" Concern laced with his voice.

I held in an annoyed sigh; couldn't he leave it be? Maybe I needed to try harder to be more like her. Then again, I just started this whole thing.

"Louis, I'm perfectly fine. Let's just go to the hotel," I planted my feet on the ground; making a rash decision.

I kissed him on the cheek; to reassure him. It seemed to work, because he eased up some. Smiling, he took my hand and led me out of the bus.

"I have a surprise for you," Liam nudged my shoulder, making me stumble into Louis.

He easily caught me; giving no choice to fall on the ground. To be truthful with myself, he was a sweet and caring guy. He just wasn't my boyfriend, and that was annoying the heck out of me.

"I'm hungry," Niall groaned; and trust me, he wasn't the only one.

I silently nodded my head in agreement, still confused as to what Liam's surprise was. We were surrounded by body guards instantly. The second bus, for the crew, parked right next to us.

It seemed like the fans knew where we were going because they surrounded us. Panic bubbled inside of me; I wasn't used to dealing with crowds. Whenever I was dealing with a panic attack, it took me a while to calm down.

It was harder to see with the guards surrounding us, but from what I could tell, the hotel was just a normal one. Of course, I quietly followed them up to the hotel front. The screaming from the crazy fans actually helped me block them out.

"Hello, welcome to the Cheese Hotel," the girl at the front desk smiled warmly at us.

I bit my lip to hold in my laugh. The smile never left her face; she seemed more than happy to help them. She also looked a bit young to be working at a hotel, but whatever.

"Cheese?" Louis chortled, snorting also.

She shrugged, typing on the keyboard that was under her computer. The grin was still plastered on her face, even though she seemed annoyed with the fact he was insulting the name.

"Do you have reservations or do you need to pay for a room?" She fluttered her eyelashes, chewing on her lower lip.

The guards formed a line, shielding us from her view. Liam seemed a little annoyed, but didn't comment.

"Reservations for Tomcals," A guard spoke up in a deep, guff voice.

I raised my eyebrows and turned towards Louis. He seemed to understand what I was meaning because he mouthed,

"Tomlinson, Calder, and Styles."

I tried my best to grin at him, but by the means of it, I'm sure it turned into a grimace. He looked pleased with my reaction though.

"Here is you're room cards. If you guys don't mind, could I get a picture with you, Eleanor? You're my role model and it would mean a lot to me."

To say I was stunned would be an understatement. No offense to Eleanor, but I didn't think she would be so popular. Well, this is only my first time dealing with this. The guards moved away, for me to speak.

"Sure," I tried my best to hide my shock to the small amount of fame, but I doubt I did very well.

She smiled widely, leaving her spot that was behind the desk. She stood beside me, pulling out her phone. I sighed quietly, waiting for her to take the picture.

"Say carrots!" She shouted, making me cringe; which I hoped she didn't notice.

I do remember Bella talking about Louis liking carrots, but I'm thinking that the fans took it one step too far.

"Carrots," I smiled as realistically as possible, just wanting the fame to be over.

The girl looked extremely excited that I had taken a picture with her. Before I knew it, she had wrapped me in a hug. Her action made me freeze with terror.

"Thank you so much!" The girl said trying her best not to squeal but it came through easily.

I nodded my head, pursing my lips, "No problem," I murmur quietly, backing up.

She still seems happy, but I try my best to ignore this. She wasn't even meeting the real girl and I more than ever wanted to tell her; I wasn't really her.

"Thanks, again! You have no idea how much this means to me," she was now jumping up and down.

I waved her off, not wanting to talk anymore. I think everyone noticed my discomfort because Harry was pulling me away.

"C'mon," Harry rolled his eyes, grabbing me by the arm and dragging me away.

I gave the girl I found out was named Ellie, one last wave, before I pushed into the elevators. That sure was an interesting experience.

"I hate elevators," I muttered under my breath, leaning against the back wall.

"Don't you mean a lift? American's call them elevators," Niall asked, tilting his head like a confused puppy.

I almost smacked my forehead; I forgot that they had called elevators, lifts. Frowning a bit, I looked at him.

"Oh yeah, I guess America is rubbing off on me," I chuckled nervously, rubbing my hands together.

He nodded his head, "Apparently," he muttered under his breath.

Niall's stomach grumbled, filling the silence. A small blush appeared on his white cheeks and a smirk formed on his lips.

"We'll get something when we get to the room Nialler," Liam laughed heartily, giving Niall a smile himself.

"Okay!" He said, perking up right away.

The eleve- lift dinged and opened the door to the middle level. I was the first to step out because of my fear. My heart beat changed to its normal rate.

"I thought you loved lifts; did you change your mind?" Louis questioned, putting an arm around my waist.

Oh great, now I have to like those stupid things. Even though we may look alike, Eleanor and I am not the same person.

"I'm just not feeling the best, I guess the lift made me a little dizzy," I blink rapidly, swallowing and glancing at the floor.

"Are you feeling better now babe?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I sigh, not looking him in the eye.

Harry swiftly takes the card out of Liam's hand and swipes it to unlock the door. It was a regular sized place but I guess it will have to do.

"When is the tour over?" I ask, forgetting that El probably knows.

"Two weeks, you really must have hit your head hard; Zayn shakes his head, a smirk planted on his face.

I roll my eyes and think, two weeks before I'm going to London or wherever they were headed.

© piercingwings 2013

*Edited*