Confusion

Chapter 15

I stumbled back in shock, hitting the bathroom sink. My emotions were going completely wild; I had so many running through my veins. Anger coursed through me like a wildfire. We both knew that she was ignoring me.

"Evangeline?" Eleanor stutters, her face in complete confusion and shock.

I would have smirked if I wasn't so angry with her. If I saw my expression, I'm sure I would scare myself. My hands gripped onto the sick tightly; I almost felt the fire burning through my eyes.

"Eleanor Jane Calder I swear; I tried contacting you constantly but you wouldn't respond! After trying for weeks and weeks it told me the phone number wasn't available anymore!" I yelled, trying not to scream in frustration.

My back was pressed firmly into the sink, my hands now tugging at the ends of my hair in annoyance. I almost laughed; she looked frightened.

"I- I," she started, but I didn't let her finish.

"Where were you? I can't do this anymore! So much has happened and I'm sure Louis is figuring out that I'm not actually you," I threw my hands up, trying to get my point across.

The room goes silent again; I've only met this girl once for goodness sake! This was insane and unrealistic. I sighed quietly, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"I'm sorry," she mutters, staring at the ground.

She must have not noticed my cast; either that or she just didn't care. I'm glad that no one else was in the bathroom; that would have made this worse.

"I'm about to drag you're sorry butt out there to explain this to the boys!"

"No, you can't!" Her voice cracked her eyes now wide with fright.

I raised my eyebrows at her questionably, "Why not?" I taunted, smirking at her.

She shook her head frantically, looking like she was about to burst into tears. I was tempted to give up my act, but I wasn't going down so easily. She should have known better than that, and then again, she didn't know me at all.

"I can't just do that to Louis, I can't hurt him like that. I miss him so much and I would do anything to see him again, but I still can't come back. You're not even supposed to know I'm here," she says nervously, looking around the bathroom.

I was about to collapse on the floor in defeat. A noise sounded out of my mouth but I couldn't describe it.

"What in the world are you talking about?" I furrow my eyebrows, sighing softly.

She looks around the room, her eyes finding the small window, "Look, I have to go," she quietly murmurs.

She now looked even more panicked; like she was in a tight space and had to get out. She twirls a piece of her hair around her finger, still looking anxious.

"Do you even know what has happened in the time you were gone?" I narrow my eyes at her.

"No but I really have to go, I'm sorry," she rushed out of the restroom before I could do anything.

I ran out the door after her but she was nowhere in sight. I ran my hands through my hair and gripped it. I wanted to scream, but I knew I couldn't in a restaurant. My eyes closed and I took deep breaths, trying to calm down.

"Are you alright, miss?" I heard a sweet soothing voice from in front of me.

Startled by the sudden person, I peel open my eyes. In front of me stood a young man. My heart was now beating faster.