Broken

Chapter 18

Just when you think everything is going right, the weight lifted off your shoulders, it gets put right back on. My phone buzzed in my pocket, making me pull it out; it was an unknown number.

My face filled with confusion. I've always been cautious when I get unknown numbers. I opened the text and gasped as I read it.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry for everything and I'm sorry I couldn't help. I need you to come to your house. I'm sorry- Eleanor."

What's going on? Something happened and I need to go back. Standing up from the computer chair, I almost fall on my face but I quickly catch myself. The first person who popped in my mind was Liam, I had to tell him.

I scrambled out of the room and headed up to Liam's. I knocked on the door frantically. My heart was pounding; I could barely breathe. I felt my hands shaking uncontrollably.

"Come in!" He yelled through the door; before I could even respond, I burst into the room.

"Hey Ev- What's wrong?" He asked once he saw my face.

My breaths came out in short huffs. I tried to regain my voice, but it was a second before I could actually talk again. Inwardly, I was panicking.

"Something's happened and I need to go back home. I need to go alone," I murmur quietly, almost inaudible.

"What happened?" His eyes were wide with fright; for me.

I couldn't answer his question properly because I didn't know. I wished I knew what Eleanor was talking about, but I would find out when I saw her.

"I don't know, but I need to leave as soon as possible."

"I'll look up the flights now," he rushed out of the room with me right on his heels.

The next flight was only a few hours away. I don't know how long I'll be gone. Liam gave me a glance, my heart was aching. Eleanor wouldn't just come out and tell me to go home for nothing, something really horrible must have happened.

"What am I going to tell Louis?" I blinked away tears.

I couldn't help but to feel upset. What if something horrible had happened? I don't even know what I would do. I don't really want to add even more things to my endless list.

"Tell him you are going to visit a friend, or you're parents."

"Okay, I guess I'll just go talk to him," I wiped away a single tear and turned around.

I figured Louis was in his room or in the game room, like always. I walked back upstairs and knocked on Louis' door. I brushed some of my hair that was tangled in front of my face away.

"Who is it?" He sing-songed, making a small smile appear on my face.

"It's you're wonderful and amazing girlfriend!" I tried to sound as happy as possible, even though worry filled my thoughts.

The door opened and Louis engulfed me in a bear hug. My head rested on his shoulder and I truthfully didn't want to let go. He rocked us back and forth for a minute.

"Are you alright, love?" He pulled back gently to look at me.

"I'm alright," I sigh, leaning back on his shoulder.

I felt him move back again, staring at me intently. He pressed his forehead against mine, my skin instantly warming.

"I love you, Eleanor," he breathed breathlessly.

"I love you too, Louis," I sigh, stepping out of his embrace.

He turned around to walk back to sit on his bed. He graciously sat, folding his hands in his lap. He pursed his lips, now looking at me again.