Dark Pain

Chapter 20

My breathing hitched as I stared at him, his face more defined than the other night. His dark midnight hair was swiped across his forehead, it moving slightly when he approached us.

He looked about in his late twenties but I could be wrong. A smirk was plastered on his face, almost making me roll my eyes. The chair I was sitting in was against a wall. I tried my best to scoot as far away from him as possible.

"So you're the famous Evangeline Mya? The one who looks exactly like Eleanor Calder? Hmm, I wonder why," he pondered pressing his lips in a firm line.

Even though I wasn't going to admit it, I was always wondered why I looked so alike to her. We couldn't be related, could we?

"You know what the best thing is, about this," he waved his hand around the room, looking between Eleanor and I.

Neither of us said anything, just stared at the horrible person in front of us.

"Nobody will be looking for either of you. You told Liam that you would be seeing a friend," he pointed a finger at me, "and you work for me," he laughed loudly.

How could he know what I told Liam? Gasping, I realized what had happened, making the guy snap his head towards me.

"So now you know? That's wonderful," he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

He couldn't have, could he? Why would he do such a thing? How could he be so cruel?

"You're annoying little parents didn't have a clue what was coming at them, I mean, they didn't deserve to live anyway," he shrugged, like it was nothing.

He honestly didn't have a heart or soul. There are sick people in the world and he is most certainly one of them.

"How could you say that? Don't you dare talk about my parents like that," I growled, giving him my best death glare.

He stalked towards me, stopping right in front of the chair. He bent down to my level and slapped me across the cheek. Pain stung my cheek; I had to keep myself from screaming.

"You worthless little," he cursed under his breath, "I can see why Eleanor here didn't want me to meet you," he chuckled dryly, his eyes narrowing.

Eleanor gave him a death glare, her face in an angry expression.

"That's not why I wanted you to meet her! I was trying to keep her away from you!" Eleanor practically screamed, making me flinch.

Why would she do that? Doesn't she know she's going to regret that? What is he going to do to her?

"El, El, El," he shook his head, walking over to her broken form.

He glanced at me before slapping her cheek, just like he had done to me. She cried out in pain; the slap was louder than mine. Blood slowly formed on her tan cheek, making me want to attack this crazy and insane man.

"Why are you doing this? What's the point?" I spit out, quickly looking down when I saw he snapped his head towards me.

That was probably a mistake on my part but I couldn't help it; he riled me up. I wanted to punch him in the face.

"Why do you think little girl? Because I can and I want to!" He screamed, stomping his foot.

Who does that? Oh, I guess some lunatic who doesn't have a brain. He spun around and walked out of the place, shutting the door in the process. I looked over at Eleanor, my eyes drooping. She looked just as worn out as I was.