Lay it all down

Ty,Tay, and Kyle walked by Cal and Harlan as the boys talked about Ty having to talk in front of the whole class.

"What's the deal, it's an oral presentation. You can fake half of it as long as you do it with style." Kyle told Ty.

"You could. I don't do the whole talking in front of the whole class thing." Ty said back with attitude.

"Should I apologize for taking all the charisma in the family?" Kyle asked as Tay shook her head at him.
"Not funny, Kyle." Tay said in a serious tone.
"Kyle! I'd I don't pass this, I'm on academic probation from the team. I need your help." Ty said, Tay didn't worry about academic anymore cause after having a talk with Maddie she started doing her homework and getting her grades up. Also she was still doing therapy with Cal during practice and not playing in games. Tay still couldn't make a fist and it had been a week. That's 3 practices. She was getting mad each time but Cal kept telling her to calm down and take deep breathes but it never worked.
"Say that again for posterity." Kyle asked him, messing with him.
"Coach saw your mom's posterity last night." Jackson said walking by and Tay slapped his arm.
"Ow." Jackson said walking away.
"That's not even what that means.... What's he talking about anyway." Kyle asked
"I'll see ya." Ty told them then walked away.
"Hey." Kyle said snapping Tay out of her daze.
"Just leave him alone. He needs to cool off, I'll see you after school, bye." Tay told him ruffing his hair and leaving as they both chuckled
"Love you." She said
"Love you too." Kyle told her.
Tay knew what Kyle felt like. He was ignored a lot of the time. Especially by Bill, cause was always focused on Ty and Tay. But before Tay did baseball she was was once Kyle. She was ignored a lot and Ty was always center of attention. She made sure to pay enough attention Kyle where he didn't feel as left out.
Later
We sat in Cal's classroom while he talked about stuff.
"Now I know at least one of you beside Tay can tell me the key elements of the Marshall Plan." Cal asked and nobody said anything. Tay sat in the front row playing a pencil waiting for someone to say something.
"Let me remind you that participation is still ten percent of your grade and that some of you need it." Cal said as he looked at Tay who rolled her eyes, knowing no one was gonna say anything.
"Let's see some hands." He said but still no one raised there hands.
"Maddie came in suddenly and Tay looked at her like she was crazy.
"Hey,um, I'm here for Annie Sullivan." She said as Annie looked at her her a minute then stood up and left. Cal looked at Tay who just raised her shoulder shaking her head.
After class
Tay heard about Dana Sue and felt bad for Annie. She walked down the hall and saw Cal with his keys in his hands.
"Cal- Coach are you going to the hospital?" She asked running up to him and walking with him.
"Yeah."
"Can you tell mom, if she's there, that I said hi and ask her to give Dana Sue and Annie these." She asked him giving him two red roses.
"Yeah sure thing." He said walking out the school.
Later
Ty texted Annie, while him and Tay walked down the hall. Luke walked up to them.
"I'm driving you home or what?" He asked
"Yeah." Tay said as she looked over at Ty's phone.
"Uh, yeah, thanks." Ty said putting his phone in his pocket.
"Sorry, it's been a weird day." Ty said shaking his head.
"I bet. Heard my folks talking about the whole thing last night.My mom said after everything she's been through, you know, she deserved a chance to be happy." Luke said
"You driving, or you trying to be Dr.Phil?" Ty asked
"Hey, man, Dr.Phil makes bank, all right?" Luke laughed as Tay chuckled.
That night Maddie went to Helen and Ty was stuck watching Kyle and Katie so Tay went to the bar with her friends one being a friend that was in college. While they were there Cal and Trotter, a guy that was gonna be working at Maddie's spa when it opened, showed up and we're sitting at the bar and Tay kept looking over at them in worry. Her college friend, Cassity, noticed and asked about it.
"Who are they?" Cassity asked pointing at Cal and Trotter.
"Oh, well, that one with longer hair is my baseball coach Cal, and the other one works my moms spa, Trotter." Tay told her.
"Oh, I know Cal.... cal Maddox used to play short stop on the NB." Cassity chuckled before walking to them.
"Cassity no-" but Tay was too late Cassity was already talking too him.
She talked to Cal for a minute before getting a picture with him. She was walking back to Tay when Cal just happen to look back at the girl and say Tay. Tay made eye contact with him and he saw panic flash across her face as she brought a finger to her mouth, silently asking him to not tell Maddie.
2 hours later
Tay group was leaving when she ran over to Trotter and Cal.
"Hey Trotter, Cal please don't say anything to Mom. I don't come here a lot and besides I've only had two beers and 1 shot 5 minutes ago." Tay begged him.
"I won't but you better not let me catch you hear again." Cal told her.
"Okay, thank you so much." Tay smiled hugging him then leaving.
At home
Tay got home and ate then brushed her teeth getting the alcohol smell off her breath. She grabbed an apple and sat down at the bar by Ty and watched stuff on her phone.
Later
Maddie got home and told Kyle to turn the TV off and when she walked into the kitchen Ty was drinking milk from the carton. She scoffed at him making him look at her.
"It's basically empty." Ty told her throwing it away.
"How's Ms.Dana Sue?" Tay asked her.
"She gave us a good scare, but she'll be fine." Maddie said putting a plate in the sink
"That's good." Tay replied.
"Annie's doing fine too, Ty." Maddie looked at him.
" that great." He said as Maddie put more dishes in the sink.
"Who's dishes are these?" She asked pointing at the sink full of dishes.
"Kyle." Tay told her lying
"Kyle-" Maddie said before Ty interrupted
"Our coach, mom, really?" He asked
"Ty." Tay said in a warning tone.
"What in gods name are you talking about?" She asked looking between the twins.
"It's all over the school." Ty said as Tay rolled her eyes as Maddie laughed in realization.
"He came over to fix the sink. Tyler, you were there. You saw him, Tay saw him." She told him.
"I don't know what I saw." Ty said with attitude shaking his head
"I do." Tay raised her hand.
"People are talking. Look, mom if you want to date... eww, fine, whatever! But why couldn't you have literally picked anyone else in the stupid town? People just stopped talking about dad, now I have to deal with this?" Ty yelled as Maddie shook her head and Tay stood up on anger.
"Shut up, Ty. It's know of your god damn business what she does. You don't control her life." Tay shouted at him and he rolled his eyes.
"I know, I know. And I'm sorry, but there is nothing going on with me and Coach Maddox, and if that changes, you two will be the first to know." She said then Ty walked out
"Kyle do your dishes." Maddie yelled then walked upstairs.
Tay stood there a minute before going to bed and cooling off.
The next day
Today flew by for Taylor, she heard about how Ryan, Helen's old boyfriend from high school, stopped the process of the spa getting done. Tay,Ty,and Kyle sat in the living room as Ty practiced his oral presentation.
"Okay? It's like- like being on the pitcher's mound. Right? You don't mind folks watching you then." Kyle told Ty.
"Yeah, but then I'm in my zone. You know I know what to do." Ty said sitting down
"Then find your zone. Okay, look, you gotta believe what you're saying. Okay? And try to bring the audience with you." Kyle said
"Yeah, but I don't even get the stuff, how am I suppose to bring the audience with me when Jackson Lewis is sitting in front of me?" Ty asked
"First, he was trash- talking dad and his baby mama and mom and Coach. I just don't understand why they can't act like freaking adults." Ty said
"Oh my god will you shut up." Tay yelled slapping his head then walking out.
The next day
They had the game today and won which mean they're going to regionals. They went to the pizza place, Kyle, Maddie, and Katie walked in and Taylor got up from the baseball table and followed Maddie and Katie. They went to Cal's table.
"Hey, are these seats taken?" Maddie asked
"Not yet, but I do have to warn you, I have been told that people might take." Cal said smiling.
"Let 'em." Maddie smiled siting down across from him.
"Talk about what?" Katie asked before Nana called her away and Tay sat down beside Maddie.
They talked for a while and we're laughing before they heard Katie.
"Daddy?"
Maddie and Tay turned to see him walking out shaking his head with Noreen who was looking they're way. Tay got up and walked out with Maddie, Cal, Kyle and his friends, Nana and Katie, the baseball boys and Ty, and everyone else that was in there in that order walked out after her. Tay met them in the parking lot.
"Bill." Tay yelled and he turned to her.
"Yeah, sweetheart?" Bill asked as everyone crowded around watching.
"Don't call me that, you don't get to judge mom for talking to someone else because at least she's not cheating like you." Tay yelled taking a couple steps and pointing at him.
"Tay you don't know what you're talking about." Bill said candy.
"Yes,YES I DO, YOU -YOU CHEATED AND NOW MOMS OVER YOU TALKING TO SOMEONE ELSE YOUR JUDGING HER WHEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO." Tay yelled.
"Tay, Tay calm down, I just thought she should be talking to her sons coach." Bill said and Tay punched him and everybody gasped. Cal ran over to her pulling her back.
"HEY GET AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER." Bill yelled walking towards them. And Tay pulled from Cal grasped stepping in front of Bill.
"NO, NO, DONT YOU EVER CALL ME YOUR DAUGHTER AGAIN. HE'S MORE OF A FATHER TO ME AND HE AINT EVER RELATED TO ME. YOU LOST THE RIGHT TO EVER CALL ME YOUR DAUGHTER WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS OKAY TO CHEAT, THEN GET GIRL PREGNANT, THEN LEAVE US FOR HER "TO DO THE RIGHT THING BY HER" SO DONT EVER CALL ME YOUR DAUGHTER AGAIN." Tay yelled shoving him back as a bruised already started to form at the corner of his eye.
Everyone went inside after that and that was the gossip of the town for the next few days.
She didn't come out of the house for the next 2 days