The more things change

Tay smiled as they pulled into the school parking lot and saw everyone and heard them cheering. She smiled out the window as the cheer leader's got off first then Annie who was taking picture then Tay and the boys. Cal and Harlan where the last to get off, Tay wasn't going to lie, she was in a great mood but could tell something was wrong with Cal. He set down his stuff as he gave a small but defiantly fake smile.

"Thank you, Serenity!" Cal called as everyone got quiet.

"Yeah!"

"You guys should be so proud of you sons, and Tay, brothers, sister, neighbors. These young men and Tay had an excellent performance at State. First time in ten years we made it this far!" Cal called and every cheered as Tay fixed the strap on her shoulder, smile, and grabbed Jackson hand.

Tay and Jackson we're getting more closer and comfortable with each other especially over the past couple of days.

"The Bulldogs are a team filled with strong hearts, determination, and talent." Cal said

"Coach Maddox, from your added vantage point of a former Major League player, why were you unable to take the team all the way?" Peggy asked holding up a recorder.

"Hey, that's not a far question, he isn't the one playing. Any mistakes, are made by us, not him. Are you stupid or are you just trying to say he's a bad coach, cause I swear to god my fist will hit your face before you can cou-." Tay said dropped her bag and walking towards Peggy.

Jackson didn't let go of her hand and pulled her back to his side as Ty put his hand on her shoulder, both telling her to calm down as everyone stared at before their eyes switched to Cal's who stared talking again.

"You can have a lot of talent and play your heart out, but sometimes it just doesn't go your way." Cal told her keeping his behind his back.

"Don't even why those words left your mouth, son of a bitc-." Tay said before someone flicked her ear causing her stop and grab her ear.

She looked at did and Cal was leaned around all the boys in his way with a pointed look and she picked her bag back up and put it on her shoulder and stood back in her place.

"Do we wish we'd come in first instead of fourth? Sure, but, I mean, this is State. Our team couldn't have asked for better leadership then we got from Coach Cal and Coach Harlan all season." Ty said

"And Captain Ty here was amazing too, every moment of every game." Gabe said putting his arm around Ty shoulders.

"And we are nothing but proud of all of y'all. So, folks, take these boys home and celebrate 'em! Thanks for everything." Harlan said and everyone cheered and clapped.

Everyone started leaving Tay said bye to Jackson as Cal and Harlan walked to the trucks that was way farther back in the parking lot. Everyone started leaving as Tay watched Peggy smile to herself and leave. Anger rose in her as people drove off and Ty walked over to Maddie, Helen, and Dana Sue. Tay threw her bag on the ground and kicked it away before turning and sitting on the steps the lead up to the bus.

"Tay?" Maddie asked walking over to her with Ty behind them.

"What?" Tay asked Harshly

"What wrong?" Maddie asked

"Peggy fucking sucks. Next time she says anything like that, I'm beating her ass and no ones stopping me." Tay said

"...Come on, lets go congratulate, Cal." Maddie said

Tay looked at her and grabbed her off the ground begrudgingly. They walked back to where Cal and Harlan stood by Cal truck bed that was open.

"Cal, take it down a notch." Harlan said