Meaning to tell you

Tay walked into Helen's house behind Maddie with Dana Sue behind her. Tay's head hung low as they all walked to the living room and all sat down. Tay was sat beside her mother, Cal on the other side of Maddie.

"I need you two to trust." Helen spoke after they were all sat down.

"I do. I just wish we weren't having this conversation. I wish I hadn't let him get to me or Mary Vaughn. Any of it. All of it." Cal spoke as Tay kept quiet and stared at the floor.

"Cal, stop." Helen shook her head.

"No, see, that's the problem right there, isn't it? I don't know when to stop." Cal said

"Cal." Maddie shook her head.

"Is Stu okay?"

"His ego was more bruised than his lip." Erik smoke up.

"I shouldn't have hit him. Tay you shouldn't have either." Cal said and she looked at him as she clasped her hands together.

"We all wanted to."

"I was worried he had a weapon or something. I only called for help cause I was afraid you'd get hurt."

"I was protecting Maddie."

"We know that."

"That's no excuse. There is no excuse."

"Not a soul there would blame you."

"I'm not looking for forgiveness either. I messed up. Tay, you did too. You need to understand you can't hit people. I made you think you could. I will step away from the restaurant, from... from everything. Whatever sets matters right."

"You need to set matters right for yourself too, Cal."

"And you do not need to step back."

"Let me start by talking with the county prosecutor in the morning, and we'll go from there. We all wanna help." Helen said and Maddie set her hand on Cal's arm.

"I have to, um, get, um, home. It's, um, late." Cal stood up

"Hey, let me drive you home." Erik said

"Yeah." Cal said before turning back and looking at Tay.

"Tay, I really need you to understand, what I did was... was not right. You nor I should hit people." Cal said and Tay stood up.

"I know." She nodded her head.

"No, no. It's more than an I know. What happen, it's goes on your record. You really-." Cal told her.

"Cal, I know. I shouldn't hit him, or the police. I- I was just mad, okay. I don't like people who mess with my family. I-I know." Tay told him.

"Tay. Im need you too pro-." Cal tried to tell you again.

"Cal! I know! Okay! I screwed! I won't hit another person!" Tay yelled

"Taylor." Maddie said sternly

"Tay, will you just pro-." Cal tried to ask her.

"CAL! Stop! Your not my dad! I don't need to promise you anything! I made a mistake! I know it's gonna go on my record! Stop reminding me!" Tay yelled at him and hurt flashed through his eyes.

"Taylor!" Maddie yelled

Tay looked down at her mother than at Cal. She walked past them outside.

"Taylor." Maddie walked after her

"Taylor Townsend! Get in there and apologize!" Maddie told her as Cal came to a stop on the front porch watching the Mother and Daughter on the lawn.

"I SCREWD UP! I know! I'm not stupid. I was mad at the moment. He hurt my family! He tried to come for you. I don't need a guy who is not my father nor anywhere close to being family to keep reminding me that. I know what I did! I know it will be on my record! I'm sorry! I screwed. I know what I did was wrong. On so many levels! I know!" Tay yelled as she pointed at Cal as everyone stood there shocked as she yelled