Beat me at my own game

"Great job on the these popsicles, Katie." Ty said holding up the mold that held the popsicles as Katie chuckled.

"They're gonna make some excellent holiday popsicles." Tay told her watching as Kyle poured juice into the other popsicle molds.

"Nana says the best things are the ones you make yourself." Katie said as Tay grabbed the sticks and stuck them in the juice and handed the mold to Ty who put it in the freezer.

"Does that include playgrounds? Sophie and Willow are coming over to help me do some research on sustainable playground design. Wanna help?" Kyle asked her

"Sure." She smiled real big.

"Ty, Tay?" Kyle pointed at them.

"That sounds fun but I got stats homework I really should do right after I rub salt into some open wounds." Ty told them.

"That doesn't sound like fun at all." Katie spoke up.

"Sohpie, Willow, and I are a study group for biology. It helps to be able to talk things through with someone who gets you, you know?" Kyle said.

"I would help you, Ty, but I struggled enough with it last year, and barely passed." Tay told him.

"Yeah. A tutor might be exactly what I need, and I know just the person." Ty said thinking about it. 

That night Cal, Ty, Tay, Katie, and kyle helped Maddie set up for margarita night as Helen's back

"I appreciate you all helping me." Maddie told them as Tay mixed the guacamole  

"Well, it's my way of saying thank you for a delicious dinner." Cal told her.

"Mm." Maddie hummed.

"It's their duty as good kids." Cal pointed at all the children.

"But we don't mind." Katie told her.

Which is why we're going to Wharton's when were done here." Cal said getting wine glasses out.

"Well, I love you all so much. I am gonna go upstairs to freshen up." Maddie said going upstairs.

"I do not mean to duck out on all the fun, but I need to skip Wharton's and go to True Brew. Gotta see a girl about some tutoring." Ty said wiping his hands on a blue towel.

"Did you clear this with your mom? It's not code for something?" Cal asked pointing towards the stairs as Ty chuckled.

"No! No, I'm serious. Stats is killing me, so I'm looking for some help. Mom approves." Ty pointed at him as he backed out of the kitchen then waved.

"Bye, Ty!" Katie called after him as he walked out the door.

"Let's go somewhere other than Wharton's that Ty will be mad he missed." Kyle suggested.

"That would be very funny...and also very wrong. Does that mean you don't wanna go to Wharton's?" Cal asked

"I wanna go. And Kyle should have to stay here because he was being mean." Katie said as Kyle raised his hands.