If thou wilt, remember

Ty and Tay walked into the skeeter's shop where Skeeter and Ronnie where working.

"Afternoon twins. How are you doing today?" Skeeter asked making Ronnie turn to them.

"Fine, thanks." Ty told him

"Good." Tay gave him a warm smile

"What's up, buddy" Ronnie asked Ty as Tay walked over to the projects that were half way through being done.

"Uh my mom asked us to pick the plaques up and drop them off to for you guys." Ty told them handing the bag to them.

"Very thoughtful of her. And you guys. Well, we're a step or two shy of being ready for this, so I'll go to the hardware store and pick up the stain. Nice to you see you, Ty, Tay. Back in a bit, Ronnie." Skeeter said walking out.

"Thanks, Skeeter." Ronnie told him

"I knew you worked with Skeeter on houses and stuff, but I never knew you did this kinda work." Tay told him

"Really? You don't remember my workshop in the back of the house? The one I used to shoo y'all out of when you were little so you didn't pull power tools down on your head." Ronnie asked her

"Oh, yeah. You... you made those wooden trucks for Ty and Kyle on Christmas." Tay smiled at the memories.

"You know I still think I have one on my bookshelf." Ty told him.

"Wow, I'm honored." Ronnie said as he grabbed a piece of wood.

"Yeah, I guess I sort of lost track." Ty told him and Ronnie chuckled.

"Yeah, because I sort of stopped? There was a time when I thought custom woodwork was my zone, you know? But you get swept up in someone else's passion and forget it's not yours. I've been thinking a lot lately about the shelf life of a dream and wondering if it's ever too late to change course." Ronnie told him as Tay just continued to look around at the all the work.

"A dream deferred." Ty said

"Good. I see someone at Serenity High's still teaching poetry." Ronnie chuckled.

"What do you think? Is it ever too late?" Ty asked

"I hope not. Which is why I asked Skeeter if I could use his workshop and... get back into the kinda work I always wanted to do. I mean, it's not gonna support me. Well, not yet anyway." Ronnie said

"But it could." Ty told him.

"Yeah. Even if it doesn't, it... it feels good to get back at it. To remember that just because you've traveled a distance doesn't mean you can't turn or..... turn around." Ronnie told him shrugging his shoulders.

"Is it weird that having choices is kind of a new concept for me?" Ty asked

"No, because you don't have many at 17." Ronnie said as Ty smiled a bit.

"I have some." Ty shrugged.

"Of course. Hey. If you got time to talk, I got time to listen." Ronnie told him as Tay walked back over to them.

"I.... I appreciate that, but I actually gotta go." Ty said as he walked past Ronnie.

"All right. Well, you know where to find me." Ronnie told him turning to him.

"Yeah. Yeah, I do now." Ty looked around and walked out.

Tay smiled as she hugged Ronnie.

"It was good seeing you." Tay told him after she pulled away.

"You too." Ronnie told her.

"See ya around." Tay waved and walked out as he nodded his head.

" Tay waved and walked out as he nodded his head