Find it in your heart

Tay was sat on the counter with her mother eating an apple on her phone when Cal walked in.

"Have a good workout." Maddie told one of the girl who was walking away.

"It's kinda busy in here. Giving away free stuff?" Cal asked

"Ever since the community meeting, more people have been stopping by. You should see the constant traffic in and out of the cafe." Maddie pointed to her right.

"Hm. It's well-deserved. Oh, how did Kyle's physical therapy go this morning?" Cal asked

"It was horrible. I mean, 100% pure, unadulterated horrible. I know it makes him stronger, but every time she just... and... I... I honestly didn't think Kyle would make it. He almost ripped the pad in half because he hurt so much, bless his heart. It broke my heart. I hate to push him at this at-home exercises because he hurts so much. But I know I have to do it." Maddie said and Cal's face went my worried to his thinking face.

"I've had my fair share of physical therapy. Would it help if I took him to his next appointment?" Cal asked

"Really?" Maddie asked

"Yeah." Cal said just above a whisper.

"Please, yes! If you could handle that half, I could handle the at-home half better." Maddie said

"Sure. Just let me know when." Cal told her and she grabbed his hand.

"Thank you." Maddie told him

They heard the door shut and someone clear their throat and everyone looked up to see Noreen. Tay only had two legs of the chair on the ground with her feet on the desk helping her tip the chair back and when she looked up and saw Noreen it surprised her so much that she accidentally sent herself flying backwards. She hit the ground with a cough and groaned as she rubbed the  back of her head. 

"Tay!" She heard Maddie yell then she looked up and saw Cal helping her up.

"Ow!" She standing up and fixing her arm in her sling. 

"You okay." Cal asked worried.

"Yeah, ow, yeah." She said picking up the chair and sitting back down in it.

"Hey." Noreen said after a moment of silence 

"Hi." Cal said 

"The spa looks great. Um, seems like you've done a lot of work since the opening." She said

"Mm-hmm." Maddie said as Cal patted the table letting everyone know he was gonna give them privacy. 

Tay stood from her chair and walked after Cal who was leaned against the wall. More like limped. When she fell she didn't know what she hit but it sure did hurt her leg.

"Are you sure your okay?" Cal asked her.

"Yeah, leg just hurts a bit." Tay brushed it off.

"Tay, if you lie about stuff hurting then you can hurt it even worse and you couldn't possible not play baseball again." Cal told her.

"Cal, I promise i'm fine. It's starting to go away." Tay told him as her phone buzzed.

"I gotta go help with vacation bible school. Bye, Love you." Tay told and gave a wave to her mom pointing at her shirt that read vacation bible school and she nodded her head before turned back to Noreen. 

As Tay reached for the handle of the door realization hit her and she turned to Cal who had wide eyes. He was about to say something to Tay but Tay turned and walked closing the door quickly behind her. As she stepped down the steps she could feel her heart beating out of her chest, she turned right on the side walk maybe a b-line for a tree. Once reached the tree she sat down started taking deep breaths to control her breathing so she didn't hyperventilate. Tay said she loved Cal, to him. Well, I mean, she did, of course, he was her father figure. He scolded her when she did something she wasn't suppose to. He was there for her. He loved her mother. He cared about Tay and her siblings. He offered to help with Kyle when he didn't have to. Tay was so much in her head she didn't hear the person come towards her and sit on the opposite side of the tree.