Chapter 3

When we got to the hotel, everybody was waiting in the lobby for the whole team to arrive. 

"Momma's home!" Kelley yelled as she walked in, and everyone cheered. 

The front desk lady looked up harshly, but Kelley had no idea. 

"I brought some friends with me. Mallory and Sanchez Jr." She said happily. 

"Aww! Little Sanchez is so cute!" Someone said. 

"She's a copy of her sister." Another one said. 

"Ashley?" I saw a glimpse of her head. 

"Ainsley!" She said happily. 

I pushed through the crowd to jump into her arms. 

"I't happening. It's really happening." She said. 

"Ashley, it's happening." I said, hugging her again. 

It had been a few months since we last saw each other. I went out to D.C. twice this summer, saw her twice when she came to California to play ACFC and Wave, but not for a very long time. 

I felt a little bit out of place because everyone knew each other already and I only barely knew a few of the girls, so I stuck close to Ash's side. 

"Hey look. It's mini Sanchez." Said Trinity Rodman. 

"Oh look, it's....Trina Rodman?" I said, starting my mission to get under her skin. 

"It's Trinity." She said nicely. "You literally came over my apartment last time you were in D.C."

"Weird. I'm usually good with names. I guess you just weren't important enough to remember." I said. 

She laughed awkwardly, and Ashley slapped my shoulder. 

"Be nice." 

"Thing is I'm not." 

"But you are. So act like it." 

----------

We got to pick our roommates, and I ended up with Mal. 

Because guess who ended up with my sister? 

"You wanna room together, Little Sanchez?" Mal asked me. 

I peered over at Ashley and Trinity, who were getting their room keys from the front desk. 

"Sure." I tried to sound excited so she didn't think I was being rude, but she noticed. 

"Sorry about your sister." She sighed. "But we're gonna have a great time! We can have movie night every night!" 

"Sounds great!" I smiled. 

----------

"So is it better to live out of a suitcase until we have to move again?" I asked Mallory. 

"That's what works for me. So the dresser space is all yours if you want." 

"Thanks." I said, and got off my bed to unpack. 

"So I'm thinking we can have a big movie night tonight. Everyone comes over, you know? This room is so big. We could fit everybody. And I bet there's some that don't wanna come. Also I got popcorn!" 

"When did you have time to get that?" I laughed. 

"It was in the lobby." 

"I think you have to pay for that." 

"Shhh." 

We both laughed and I looked at the stolen unpopped bags of popcorn on the little table. 

"It's not even the good kind." I said. "If you're gonna steal at least steal the right thing!" 

"What's wrong about it? It's movie butter!" 

"No butter is the best kind!" 

"Certainly a hot take. And a wrong take." 

"It's healthier." 

"You think about eating right more than your sister." Mal laughed. "I mean Taco Bell after every single game?" 

"It's been like that since she was a kid." 

"One time there wasn't one withing 30 minutes and she threw a fit. Took 4 girls to calm her down." 

I laughed just thinking about that. 

"Can I ask you something? And trust you not to tell her I asked you?" I said quietly. 

"Of course. I'm the vault of all vaults." 

"Um, what do you think about Trinity?" 

"More context please." 

"What? I thought I was pretty straightforward." 

"If you're asking if I think she's attractive, hell yes." 

She paused. 

"Judging by the look on your face that's not what you were asking was it." 

"Nope." 

"My bad." 

"I mean is she a nice person?" 

"Was she mean to you?"

"No, but I just wanna know."

"She's a great person. You sister is so happy when she's hanging out with her too. They have the best dynamic ever." 

I chewed on my bottom lip and nodded a little bit. 

"Was....was that not what you wanted to hear?" She asked quietly. 

"I don't really know what I wanted to hear." I left my open suitcase on the floor and walked into the bathroom to try to keep myself from crying. 

This was so soft of me. I don't cry over these things. I make snarky and overly rude comments about them. 

But I couldn't stop the flow of tears, jealousy taking over and controlling me. 

I wiped my eyes to try and get rid of the tears, but I completely smeared my mascara down my cheeks. Frustrated, I slammed my hand down on the sink, which was the hardest fucking marble counter top I've ever felt. I also cut the side of my hand on the very edge. 

"SHIT." I yelled as I wiped blood from my wrist. But it was a huge cut, way open. It hurt like hell too. 

"You okay Ainsley?" Asked Mallory, knocking on the door. 

That only made me cry harder, and she walked in slowly. 

"What happened?" She asked softly. 

I couldn't get words out foe many reasons, so I just buried my head into her shoulder. She grabbed a roll of toilet paper and covered the cut on my wrist. 

"How'd this happen?" She asked. 

"Edge of the counter." I got out between sobs. 

"I'm no doctor, but there's no way you don't need stitches."

"FUCK NO." I said. stepping away from her. 

"It's never gonna stop bleeding if you don't get them." 

"I'm terrified of needles. I'm not scared of a 6'3 football player that goes to the gym for like 4 hours a day but I am deathly afraid of needles." 

"That'd oddly specific." 

"I don't wanna talk about it." 

So obviously this is a new story and it was kind of impulsive of me to post it while I have 2 others going...but whatever. And obviously Ainsley is a little more aggressive and different from my other main characters but I still liked writing her so I hope you enjoyed! It's Christmas Eve here so happy holidays everybody :)