Chapter 20

"Damn it." I said, sitting up, my head spinning. 

"What?" Someone asked next to me. 

"Tara?" 

"Ainsley?" 

"What the fuck happened?" I asked, putting my hand on my pounding head. 

"I have absolutely no idea...." 

"Let me try to remember." I said. "Okay I give up." 

"Did we drink that much?" 

"Seems like it." 

"Oh my god what does the house look like?" 

"Oh no." I said, climbing over her, trying to get off my bed but I couldn't put my feet down and I just fell right off the edge. "Ow. That fucking hurt." 

"Are you still drunk?" 

"Probably." I grumbled, getting to my feet and she followed me out of the room. 

"My bathroom is absolutely disgusting." I sighed. 

"If I can remember anything at all, you did that. You couldn't stop throwing up for like....30 minutes straight." 

"Ew." I said, looking down at my stomach. "When did I abandon my shirt?" 

"When you threw up all over it, I assume." 

"This isn't my bra. This is my sisters." I sighed, and we walked through the quiet house. 

When we got to the stairs, I was way too wobbly still to go down on my feet, but I held onto the railing for dear life, and made it down safely. 

When I looked up, my face was probably pure shock. 

"Why is our whole fucking team in the living room?" I asked. 

"Oh my." 

"I'm scared." 

"Me too." 

"I hope these people are alive...." I walked over and poked Sonnett, she was brathing but didn't wake up. 

"Here's Kelley." Tara said, moving a blanket. 

"Oh man. This is terrible." I said, picking up trash. "This is a mess." 

"Why'd we wake up so early?" She asked. "It's only 9:00." 

"That means about 5 hours until everyone else gets up." I sighed. "I wonder if Ashy's okay." 

"That's so cute. Ashy. You really love her, don't you?" 

"My favorite person in the whole world." I smiled. "She's all I've got." 

"Well you've got us now. We're all family." 

I smiled, and continued cleaning up trash. 

"I remember when you were 12 years old." Tara laughed. 

"Hey, we don't talk about-" 

"Maybe even younger. You were so cute. And literally hysterical. But you were absolutely insane at soccer. I remember how offended you were when you came to youth camp with Ash because you had to, and you were playing around before, and they told you to join them. Then you said your age and they told you to go sit down. I don't remember exactly what you said, but it was hilarious. Then Ash and I laughed too much so we had to run extra sprints. You watched sadly from the sideline, and mimicked the coach. We ran a lot extra that day." 

"I remember that." I laughed. "I was such a punchable kid." 

"Not to us. To adults probably." 

"I mean, clearly I still am probably pretty punchable. But that's because my attitude went to endlessly funny to an absolute bitch. Kinda sad really." I said. 

"Well, you've been through a lot." 

"Sucked all of the funny out of me really." I sighed, grabbing a trash bag, and another for her. "You get the bottles and cans I'll get everything else?"

"Sounds good."

We cleaned up the trash and the kitchen, making the place spotless. 

Then we both looked at the bathroom and almost ignored it, but then I knew it would make Ash happy, so I just cleaned it. 

I went upstairs to Ashley's room to make sure she and whoever else was in there were alive. 

Of course Trinity was in there, and the room was an absolute mess. 

Did a whole ass tornado come through here? What the fuck? 

I wasn't dealing with cleaning my older sister's fucking room, so Tara and I went to go get breakfast. 

When we got back, nobody had moves. It had only been an hour, but not a single person? 

"I'm concerned I have a bunch of dead bodies in my house." I said, putting my leftovers in the fridge. 

"How do you explain that one to the police?" Tara laughed. 

"God I am so hungover still." I sighed. "Thank god that cafe was quiet." 

"I feel like everyone else is gonna feel the same way." She laughed. 

"You know, you don't have to stay if you don't want." I said. "I feel like you feel forced to be here." 

"Well I want to see what everyone's like when they wake up." Laughed Tar. "But mainly I don't wanna leave you alone here." 

"I've been alone before. I'm not 10." 

"I know, but you're gonna have your hands full." 

"Alright. Thanks Tara." 

There was no couch space, so we went upstairs to watch TV but couldn't find my remote anywhere. We ended up bringing some of my blankets and pillows down and made a fort in front of the TV in the living room. 

"You're such a child for suggesting a FORT instead of just watching TV on the floor." I laughed. 

"I'd be lying if I didn't say you bring out my inner child." 

"I'm 18, Tara." 

"Still younger than I am. 23. Ew." 

We both laughed and flipped through channels before settling on one, and I tried desperately to remember what happened last night.