Chapter 34

Ainsley's POV

Trinity and I stayed pretty much separate the whole practice, and I was completely fine with that. 

I was constantly peppered with questions about Ashley, which I answered, but I tried to focus on practice. We still had some time before the season started, but I needed to get back into it. 

And life the next few weeks went on as usual, Ashley was able to come back to non-contact after a week and a half, and then was able to contact practice with 2 weeks left until the season. 

Trinity and I went back to little feuds and not appearing like friends, but nothing like we were before. And neither of us brought up that night either. 

We did text a lot, but like everything else, nobody knew about it. Ashley was convinced I had found a boyfriend or a guy, because every time I smirked at my phone, she would look at me and ask who it was. I always answer with "none of your business." 

Honestly, I'm not a good secret keeper. This is a new record for me. One month. 

As much as I hated the fact that we were texting and we had that night, I wanted more. But I really don't, but I do. 

I really do.

About a week before the season opener, I gave in and texted her. 

Me: Mind if I come over tn
Trina: What.
Me: Was I not clear you idiot
Trina: Why would you want to come here? 
Me: Ashley's going out and I don't want to be lonely
Trina: Then go to Tara's
Me: She's not around either
Trina: Fine come over I don't care
Me: I'm coming at 7
Trina: I'm gonna be boring bc I'm tired
Me: Do you think I care
Trina: Probably not
Me: Bingo
Trina: How'd I know
Me: You're annoying

I threw my phone to the opposite end of the couch and just watched TV until I got ready to leave. 

"Ash I'm going out." I called into her room as I walked by. 

"Where are you going?" 

"Out." 

"Ainsley." 

"I'm not doing anything bad, I swear." 

"Ainsley." 

"What?" 

"I'm gonna trust you to be home by 1." 

"That's stupid. I'm not 15, I'm almost 19." 

"And you also have a habit of getting black out drunk." 

"Not black out." 

"I'll give you that." 

"I swear I'm not doing anything illegal. Do you trust me?" 

"Can I trust you." 

"Yes." 

"Fine. You're an adult anyway. Bye." 

"Bye." 

"I still want you home by 1:00 because of practice!" She called after me.

"Okay!" 

I hate when she treats me like a baby. 

----------

I just walked in the front door and sat down on Trinity's couch. 

"Trina I'm here!" I yelled. 

"I'll be there in a minute!" 

"I don't care what you do. I'm here so I get out of the house." 

I just sat on the couch, scrolling through my phone until she came in from the laundry room with a laundry basket. 

"Hi."