Chapter 39

Ainsley's POV

Returning to reality really sucked, because the next morning we were up at the fucking ass crack of dawn to make it to practice. 

I went back to my usual snarky comments to her, and she went back to rolling her eyes. 

I wanted to stop, I wanted to really give us a try in front of other people, but we hadn't even talked much after we had that conversation at the wedding. 

It felt like it almost never happened. 

We traveled to Louisville for our next game in the middle of the week. I roomed with Ash. Somehow we always had a party in our room when I tried to sleep. The night before game day, I was so nervous that I got ready for bed at 9:30, and I thought I got away without a bunch of people coming, but I didn't. Tara lead a group of girls into the room after Ashley unlocked the door. I noticed Trinity wasn't with them for once. 

"Ashley, can I kick your sister out? She looks boring." Tara said. 

"Thanks asshole." 

"Just go to my room. Trinity's in there." 

I scoffed, trying to hold our cover. 

Then I realized maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

"Fine. I'll go. But if I fall asleep there don't try to wake me up." 

I grabbed my pillow, put on a sweatshirt and walked down the hall to her room. 

When I knocked on the door, I heard her get up while asking; "Who is it?"

"It's me." 

"Who's me?" 

"You bitch." 

"Hi Ainsley." She opened the door a crack. "What are you doing here?" She asked in a whisper this time. 

"I'm here to fuck you." 

"Why are you really here?" 

"Ash has people in the room and I don't feel like dealing with it." 

"Come in." She sighed, opening the door so I could slip through. 

"Why are you being so secretive?" 

"I don't wanna get caught." 

"Who's around??" 

"You never know who's walking down the hallway."

"Fair, but you're being fucking irrational. We're teammates. Teammates hang out, it's normal." 

"Not for us." 

"Teammates with benefits, they call us." I laughed. 

"Will you please?" 

"Will I please what? Kiss you?" I smirked as I put my arms around her neck and kissed her. 

"I was gonna tell you to stop, but I don't want to say that now." She laughed before I reached for the light switch.

---------- 

Ashley's POV

I had texted Ainsley over and over again, but she hadn't answered, so I figured she was asleep. I texted Trinity to ask, but she didn't answer wither, again, I assumed she was asleep. 

Ainsley is a nightmare to wake up, so I followed Tara back to her room with a few other teammates who'd left stuff in Trin and Tara's room. 

"Ugh. I can't get the door open." Sighed Tara after trying to scan the key a million times.