Chapter 28

Trinity's POV

I got to the hospital as quickly as I could after practice, bringing a pizza for Little Sanchez and I to split. She needs something that's not hospital food since she's been here for 3 days straight. 

When I got to the floor and walked in the doors, she was standing outside with a few cops, which made me get nervous and almost drop the pizza. 

"Hey Trina." She said. She didn't seem overly upset or anything, so I assumed the best. 

"Hey Ace." I said hesitantly. "I know you're not my biggest fan, but there's no need to call the cops on me." 

"They were just showing me what they found in the car and what they pieced together. Wanna see?" 

Her kindness was relatively weird, and while she's been a lot nicer to me recently, there would still somehow be an insult wrapped in what she said. 

She showed me the documents, she skipped one, but I didn't think much of it. 

"What's your name, ma'am?" Asked one of the officers. 

"Trinity Rodman, sir. I've never-" 

"You're not in trouble." He laughed. "But that's who I thought you were. Were you on the phone with Ms. Sanchez at the time of the crash?" 

"Yes sir." 

"Did you call her sister after the fact?" 

"I tried to, but it would go straight to voicemail every time." 

"Oh. That's because I have you blocked." Ainsley said, not looking up from her documents. 

"Of course you do." I sighed. 

"I mean we've only talked about Ash through Snapchat, so I thought you'd have gotten the hint by now." 

I just shook my head and went into Ash's room. Ainsley finished up with the officers and then came in. She immediately took a slice of pizza and smiled at me. 

"Thanks for this." She said through a mouthful. "I'll consider unblocking you now." 

"Yipee." 

"Don't be sarcastic with me, Trina." 

"My bad." 

She looked tired, like she hasn't slept in days, which she probably hasn't, knowing her. Also there's really nowhere to sleep comfortably. 

We ate in silence for about 5 minutes, then a few nurses came in. 

Ainsley immediately turned her back on the bed, looking me dead in the eyes. 

"So how was practice today? How are the girls doing?" She asked. 

"It was fine, and they're all okay I guess. Everyone's nervous for you and for her and I think some of them want to come visit soon if that's okay." 

"I guess. I mean, not much is happening." 

"Also will you come back to practice soon? I don't want you to lose your spot." 

"My spot doesn't matter. It's being here that matters." 

I looked at the teary-eyed girl in front of me. How could she go from the villain in my life to someone I thought about all the time, someone who I was worried for and concerned about, someone who I thought was absolutely beautiful and someone who's eyes were so easy to get lost in? 

"Trina. Trina. Where's you go?" She waved her hand in front of my face. 

"Sorry what happened?" 

"You zoned out."