Chapter 13

"Trina, open the damn door before I do it for you." I said, pounding on the door with both fists. 

"I'm coming, Ace. Shut up." She said as she opened the door. "What?" 

"I came to say....nice goal."  

"That all?" 

"Um, no." 

"Say it then so I don't have to look at your stupid....but beautiful....face anymore." 

"You better watch it with those comments." 

"Sorry. Actually no, I'm not." 

"I don't give a shit. Listen, I know you saved my life the other day. I know you told those clueless EMT's that the machine was off. And you didn't need to do that." 

"It's not a silly little thing, Ace, it was your life. I can't watch my best friend's little sister or a teammate of mine die! Nobody else was gonna catch it, and I swear I saw you stop breathing." 

I stared at the ground for a few seconds, careful of what I would say next. 

"And you may not believe it, and that's okay, but I do care about you a little bit, Ace." I looked up at her, but she was also staring at the ground. 

"And though you'll never ever believe this, Trina, I care about you a little bit. Anyone who Ashley cares about like she cares about you, Trina, I care about. I should have thought about that from the beginning. It sucks it took you literally saving my life to realize that I can kind of stand you." 

"I'm sorry too." 

Then I looked up at her, and she looked up at me at the same time. I realized then that she was pretty and had such nice eyes. 

"Mind if I give you a hug?" She asked. 

"Nope." 

She gave me a quick hug and then I was about ready to be done with this stupid conversation. 

"Stay safe, okay?" Trinity said. "No more stitches or overdoses, please." 

"Alright." 

"Bye." 

"Bye."

I turned away and I heard the door close behind me. I also heard a heavy sigh from the other end. 

Maybe I feel a little bit bad for the way I treated her. 

Okay, I feel bad. 

Nothing I can do now, I guess. That's it. That's the end of camp. 

I sighed and unlocked the door to my room, where the other two girls were sitting on Mal's bed.. 

"So we were talking about having another movie night in Ashley's room to finish off the popcorn. Does that sound cool?" Asked Mallory. 

"You mean stolen popcorn?" I laughed. 

"Hey. She didn't have to know that." 

"Mallory, what are you teaching my sister?" Sighed Ashley. 

"Nothing bad I swear." 

I finished packing up my stuff and then we headed to Ashley's room to watch a movie.

Trinity was somewhere else and I had no idea if she was coming. It would be better if she didn't.

A few random girls that weren't already doing something came. 

I claimed my spot next to Abby because she seemed like a nice shoulder to rest on. 

And I was right. I can't even begin to explain how comfortable I was when I cuddled into her. She patted my head and called me adorable. I get that a lot.