Chapter 5

When the movie was over, some girls stayed but most left. 

"So how was your first day of camp, Little Sanchez?" Asked Lindsey Horan. 

"It was wonderful, Lindsey. We didn't play soccer, my sister replaced me with a girl she met not that long ago, and.....oh yeah, I got 23 stitches in my wrist." I said. 

"My bad. Didn't know that was a sensitive subject." 

"Sorry about that. It just hasn't been my day." I sighed. 

"I get it. Sounds rough." 

After our room was cleared out and everything, Mal and I both settled down for bed. It was about 11:00. 

I fell asleep almost right away, but woke up in the middle of the night with such a terrible pain in my wrist. 

"Fuck." I yawned. "This shit hurts." 

I went over to Mallory's bed and shook her awake. 

"My wrist fucking hurts. Where's the painkillers?" 

"I put them under the sink in the bathroom." 

"Thanks." 

"Don't take too many!" 

"Only 2 right?" 

"Yes." 

After I got the medicine, I took it and checked the time. It was 1:30 in the morning. I laid awake until 2, and after that I invaded Ashley's room.  

I knocked at the door. I heard Trinity say; "Who's here this ungodly hour?" 

"It's Ainsley Sanchez. Now open up the fucking door." I said. 

"I'm coming." Ashley said, and she opened the door. "What are you doing here?" 

"I'm here for a cup of sugar." I said sarcastically. "Why the fuck do you think I'm here? My wrist hurts like a bitch and I can't sleep." 

"23 stitches will do that to ya." Trinity said. 

"Tell me something I don't know, Trina." 

"It's Trinity." 

"I don't care if you stay here. But you have to be nice to my roommate."  Ashley said. 

"Well I don't have to talk to her if I'm just going to sleep." 

"Would it kill you to be nice?" 

"Actually yes." 

"Shut up and go to sleep." 

"Fuck you." 

"Yeah whatever." 

----------

The next morning, I woke up before both of the other losers, so I threw my part of the blanket on Ashley and left their room. 

"Wake up, Pugh. Gotta let me in." I said, knocking on the door. 

It took her a minute, but she opened the door finally. 

"When did you leave?" She asked. 

"I went to Ashley's room. So when's breakfast?" 

"Team breakfast isn't for another....4 hours. It's literally 5 in the morning. Why are you up?" 

"Early riser." 

"You'll never make it though today if you don't go back to sleep." 

"Why? Is there something tonight?" 

"Team dinner, then it's game night."

"Game night?" 

"Yep. Second nigh of every camp, after team dinner. We all turn into middle schoolers for the night and play stupid games." 

"Like what?" 

"Oh babe, you'll see." 

"Don't call me that." 

"I call everyone that." She mumbled. 

"But what is it?" 

"For example truth or dare and spin the bottle." 

"Woah. Spin the bottle? I'm a no for that." 

"Why? Catch feelings too fast, Little Sanchez?" 

"What....no? I think it's a stupid game, and I'm straight anyway." 

"So am I. But it's just a fun team tradition." 

"We clearly have different definitions of fun, Pugh." I said, getting under my covers. "I'm not gonna waste my time with that." 

"You know what happens when you try to stay out of it?" 

"What happens, Mallory?" I sighed, wanting this conversation to be over. 

"They blindfold you and carry you unto the room where it's held." 

"What? That's fake. I'm going to bed. Goodnight." 

"I'm not lying." 

"Shut the fuck up." I sighed. 

"Trust me, Little Sanchez. I wouldn't lie to you." 

"You just did." 

"I didn't." 

"I'm going to sleep." I flipped onto my other side. 

"Ask Ashley. It happened to her. But it makes for a funny team joke. She was screaming the whole time Lindsey carried her bridal style across the hallway after Kelley and Alex blindfolded her." Mallory laughed. "And then just to mess with her, they talked with deep voices and then handed her to other teammates. I was one of them." 

"That's fucking stupid." 

"You sure do like using curse words." 

"Makes things more powerful." 

"In your words, it's actually fucking hilarious." 

"Whatever. Goodnight Pugh. Don't let me oversleep or you won't live to spin another bottle." 

I can't even lie, other than Attached and My Cure this is definitely my favorite story I have published. I'm not sure. But it starts to get good, so stick it out. Hope you all enjoyed :)