Chapter 32

Ashley's POV

Ainsley reached for my arm, but before she could touch it she pulled back, taking a shaky breath. 

"Ashley, I see you are alive and well." She said. 

"I am." 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Trinity grab the back of  Ainsley's shirt in an attempt to hold her back without making a big deal of it. 

"Well your-" My mom started, but I cut her off. 

"Listen, we don't want any trouble, okay? Just let us be." 

"I think you should take it up with your little monster of a sister, because she's the one who kept me out of your room." 

"She did that because she knew I didn't want you around." 

"Why not?" 

"To put it out there, you're a horrible person. Neither of us want you around. We don't need your negativity and I certainly don't need you referring to Ainsley as my 'little monster of a sister' because she's not." I said, doing my best to stay calm. "So please, if you'd leave us alone, it would be better for all of us." 

I heard a deep breath from Ainsley, one she takes before she gets mad. Please no scenes. Oh my god. 

"Hey guys!" I heard Tara say from a few feet away. 

Immediately all 4 of our heads whipped that way. She was followed by Civana Kuhlman who was holding probably 7 shopping bags. 

Trinity breathed a sigh of relief  and Ainsley ran to Tara, jumping into her arms. 

"We were gonna go get food at the food court, you guys wanna come?" Asked Tara, her arm wrapped around Ainsley's shoulder.

"Sounds great to me!" I said. "Sound good you guys?" 

"Great idea." Said Trinity before offering to help Civana. 

"I didn't expect you to be this out and about already, Ash." Tara said, clearly avoiding looking at my mom. 

"Well I had to get a new phone. Mine was completely destroyed." 

"Makes sense." 

Then I walked away next to her without a word to my mom. 

"I'm gonna flip her off." WHispered Ainsley. 

"Don't do it. I swear to god Ainsley-" 

She turned around but didn't do anything. 

Then a second later, she turned again and stuck up the finger, making Tara and Civana laugh, but I slapped her so hard that it left a mark on her arm under her hoodie. 

Once we got to the food court, I dragged Trin to the bathroom so we could have a private chat. Not that it was anything negative about the other girls, it was just better if Ainsley didn't hear and if she had a distraction. 

----------

Tara's POV

Major bullet dodged for the Sanchez sisters. 

Civana complained that she was hungry, so we headed in the direction of the food court, and luckily came across the others. Ashley's face was so red I hardly recognized her, and Ainsley looked so angry. 

I knew the girls' relationship with their mom was strained, so I figured I would step in and they'd tell me off if it wasn't the time. But I was very sure it was. 

Poor Trinity seemed super on edge, not saying a word on the walk. Civana whispered to me that it had to do with 'the video' but I refused to watch it, and she said she had too, but it's all over the media so much that it's unavoidable.