Chapter 7

At team dinner, I sat with Mallory, Lindsey and Kelley. We talked about the past game nights and how they can get pretty crazy if things go right. 

"That sounds like things going WRONG to me." I said. 

"You sound like fun at parties." Lindsey rolled her eyes playfully at me. 

"You're gonna have fun, Sanchez Jr. Trust me." Said Kelley. 

"How can I trust you after you shoved me into a car and took me to the hospital against my will AND made me get A NEEDLE?" 

"Over 23 needles." Mallory corrected. 

"Exactly." I said. 

"You're just gonna have to loosen up and have fun!" 

I sighed and put down my cup of water. 

"I'm here to play soccer, not make out with my teammates." I whispered. "So no thank you!" 

----------

15 minutes before game night, I tried to sneak out of the hotel. I took the stairs despite my legs killing me to avoid my teammates. Once I hit the ground level, I put on my sunglasses and put my head down. 

I got to the door and thought I was in the clear when all of a sudden, someone yelled "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" 

Someone knocked the sunglasses off my head and replaced them with something that completely took away my vision. 

I was picked up bridal style just like Mallory had described. This is fucking insane. 

"You idiots, I have my hands still." I said, moving the towel from my eyes. "I swear, Trina, if you don't fucking put me down-"

"Shhhhhh." Trinity said as she stepped onto the elevator, Kelley, Alex, and Lindsey behind her. 

"I know you're enjoying this." I said. 

"I'm enjoying kidnapping you because I ducking hate you." She replied. 

"Kelley, tell this hoe to put me down before I beat the shit out of her." I sighed. 

"You are a girl of many choice words, aren't you?" She asked. 

"Yes ma'am." I answered. "And I have more to say if she doesn't put me down. I'll say them if you'd like." 

"I don't wanna hear this. Trinity, put her down." Alex said. 

She put me down rather violently, but I didn't care. 

"Thanks Alex." I said. 

As soon as the elevator came to a top and opened, I was looking for my escape route. 

The first thing that happened when we stepped out was 2 tight grips on my arms. 

"Pick her up. It's just for show." Kelley said. 

"No, no really it's okay." I said, but Trinity lifted me again. "Why her? Why not one of you?" 

"Ash's gonna get a kick out of it." Said Lindsey. 

I looked Trinity dead in the eye and whispered "I don't like you." 

"Right back at you." She whispered. 

Alex opened the door to the team our room used for meetings and stuff and everybody was in there. Some girls on a couch on the side of the room, others in chairs.  

"So EVERYBODY was waiting on me." I said as Trinity carried me over to the couch and dropped me on Mallory's lap. 

"I told you, Little Sanchez." She said as I looked up at her. 

"You did tell me." I sighed. "You people are CRAZY." 

"I know." Kelley smiled. 

Everybody sat in a circle on the floor. Mallory didn't sit next to me, which was weird. But I did sit next to Ashley even though obviously if we landed on each other we would re-spin. 

Rule was it had to be 5 seconds. Kind of a long time, but whatever. 

"Little Sanchez, you first." Alex said. 

"Fuck." I muttered as I went to the middle. "You know, I hate these stupid ass middle school games." 

"Tradition, Sanchez Jr." Said Kelley. 

It landed on Sophia, which wasn't bad at all. 

"5 seconds?" I asked. 

"Yep." 

"What if we don't?" 

"Do you wanna know?" 

"5 seconds it is." 

So I kissed Sophia for 5 seconds,  which was the longest of my entire life. 

"Not bad, Little Sanchez." She said after. 

"I half-assed that shit." 

"Damn girl." 

"I get around." 

Game went on for a while before I got action, which was fine. But of course Ashley had to kiss her stupid best friend. And it was the least awkward of everybody. 

Then it got to my turn again. 

I spun it and it landed on Ashley Hatch. 

"Wow mini Sanchez. Sophia you weren't lying." 

"Not to put you on blast Soph, but Hatchy's's kiss was better." I said. 

Everyone erupted into laughter. 

"I don't think that's funny!" She stood up and then kissed me again. "Did that make you rethink?" 

"Hmm....nope." 

Everybody laughed again. 

"You're cute Soph. Go sit down." I told her. 

"Not your turn either, Little Sanchez!" Mallory said. 

"You wish it was!" I said. 

"Damn right!" 

Everybody laughed again. This is probably the chaos Kelley had mentioned. 

Abby Dahlkemper landed on me a few minutes later. 

"Abby you're lucky. You get to see what the hype is about." Kelley joked. 

"Let's check it out. Get up, Little Sanchez." Abby said. 

"Does anybody know my first name?" I asked. 

"I'm sorry but I literally have no idea." Said Kelley. 

"Me neither." Taylor Kornieck said. 

There was a few others that said it. 

"Doesn't even matter honestly." I sighed and kissed Abby. 

"Yep, worth the hype." She said. 

"Thank you very much." I said.

There was a whole chorus of 'now I need to see' and stuff. I rolled my eyes. 

"That's gonna suck all of the fun out of it!" I said. "You know what, you can all test it if you want, but I'll tell you one thing." 

"What's the thing?" Asked Mallory. 

"Nobody's gonna kiss better than Hatchy. She's the best kiss I've ever gotten, hands down." 

Everybody said their 'oooh's' and their 'damnnnn' and stupid cringey stuff like that. 

I sat back down and we finished the second round. 

Then Kelley got 2 jars filled with pieces of paper. 

"Ready for truth or dare?" 

-----------

Hey all! Last update of 2022 right here. I've updated Secondhand and My Cure so if you want you can go check those out! Hope everybody has a great new years eve and day :)