Chapter 10

"I fucking hate you!" I yelled. 

"You're so annoying!" Trinity yelled. 

"Number one reason why I hate you, Trina!" 

Someone grabbed me from behind and pulled me away before I could lunge at her. 

"Alright, Little Sanchez. Calm down now." Mallory said. 

"Put me down!" I yelled. 

"What the hell's gotten into you?" Ashley asked me. 

My thoughts were all mixed up, I couldn't think. I just mumbled. 

"Are you okay?" She asked me. 

"Kelley put her down." Someone said. 

"But-" 

"Kelley put her down!" 

"Something's not right!" 

"Kelley!" 

"Alright alright I'm putting her down!" 

My head spun as she put me down and I blacked out. 

----------

Ashley's POV

"Alright alright I'm putting her down!" Kelley said, gently laying my sister down on the ground of the locker room. 

I knelt over her as she blacked out. 

"What the hell!" I yelled. "Something's wrong. Something's wrong!" 

"Calm down Ash! I'll go get the trainers." Kelley said. "Come on, Alex." 

The two sprinted off in their socks towards the field where the trainers were stationed. It was pretty far. 

"Um." Mallory was going through Ainsley's bag and pulled something out.

"What's that?" Becky asked. 

"These were supposed to last her 5 more days. Mallory gulped. "It's an empty pill container." 

The whole room went crazy then. 

"Call 911! Call 911! Right now!" I yelled. 

"I'm calling!" Trinity said, lifting the phone to her ear. 

The whole room spun around in circles as I grabbed my little sister and held her in my lap. 

"Hello? We need an ambulance right now. I mean it. There's a suspected overdose of painkillers. We're in...." 

I didn't hear the rest of what Trinity said because my head was swimming. Everything went blurry but I held onto Ainsley. 

"Ash it's okay. It's gonna be okay!" Mallory tried to reach down and touch me, but I slapped her hand away. 

All I could say was no as everybody moved frantically around the locker room, making space for the stretcher to come in. 

There was a loud commotion when the stretcher got here. Everybody directed the people in my direction, and I gripped onto my little sister, who was still breathing though shallow. 

"Come on, Ash. You gotta move." 

"Come on Ashy. Come sit with me." 

"You have to let her go, Ashley." 

"I can't!" I sobbed. "I don't want to!" 

A few seconds later, the EMT's had gotten her out of my grasp and onto the stretcher, and Becky was brave enough to pull me off the ground. She pulled me into a hug and said everything was going to be okay. I just cried and couldn't stop. 

"SHE'S NOT BREATHING!" Trinity yelled. "THE MACHINE ISN'T ON!" 

There was a lot more commotion, and I was too scared to open my eyes. 

"I don't know how you caught that." 

"I have no idea how you could even see that!" 

"You just saved her life, Trinity." 

I peeked my eyes open to see Mallory and Kelley running after the stretcher. I wanted to go but I figured I probably would be more of a burden than any help.

"Can anybody tell me what's going on?" Vlatko said, coming into the doorway. 

Everybody started talking at once, and I was so overwhelmed that I ran to my locker and sat in it with my hands over my ears. 

"I don't like it I don't like it. I don't like it." I said over and over again. 

"What do we do about her?" Lindsey asked quietly, but I still heard. 

"No idea. She won't even let me near her." Said Trinity. 

"I think we've gotta just let her be." Rose said. "She'll calm down eventually." 

"No. No. Get out. Get out." I heard Vlatko say, and a bunch of girls started yelling about reporters and how annoying they are. I just grabbed my training jacket and hit my face with it. 

After a few more minutes, Trinity tapped on my shoulder.

"You wanna talk?" She asked. 

"No." 

"Okay." 

She was quiet. 

"Will you at least let me give you a hug?" 

"Yes." I moved out of my locker a little bit to let her hug me, and then I fell apart all over again. 

After 10 more minutes, I pulled myself together enough to go out and start to warm up with the team. Everybody was kind of on edge and nervous looking. 

"Just got an update from Kelley." Said one of the trainers. 

"WHAT IS IT?" I ran over to her. 

"It says 'Sanchez Jr is stable and is awake. She should be able to go back to the hotel sooner than later.' Oh. Here's another. 'She is asking for Ashley. If someone could bring her that would be great. Make sure she isn't crying though.'" 

"I have Kelley's keys. Want me to bring you, Ash?" Alex asked. 

I nodded and we jogged to the locker room to get out stuff. 

"You know, as much as your sister hates Trinity......she really saved her life today." Said Alex when we sat down in the car. 

"Hopefully she sees that." I sighed as we pulled out of the parking lot and headed for the hospital.