Chapter 21

"Hey you! Ainsley! No funny business, you understand?" Ashley said. "Especially not you, Tara." 

"Why would you immediately assume-" 

"She's already tried!" Trinity said. 

"What did she do?" Asked Ashley. 

"She kissed me!" 

"What? I never did that!" I lied. 

"When did she do that?" Asked Tara. 

"She wouldn't, she absolutely hates you." Ash said. 

"But she did!"  Trinity protested. 

"I don't believe you." 

"She did! Ainsley you did that didn't you?" 

I just started laughing, I'm not sure why. Tara started giggling, then we couldn't stop. 

"She never did that! Stop making shit up!" Said Ashley, throwing something from her drawe at Trin. 

"She did though! I'm not a liar." 

"You two are annoying. Just get out."Ashley threw ore clothes at me and Tara, and we giggled our way out of Ashley's room. 

"And maybe I did, maybe I didn't." I giggled, poking my head into the room again. "It's a MYSTERY." 

Then I left and tripped over my own feet, and I landed on my left arm. It hurt but not terribly, so I ignored it. 

"She's so drunk she can't even walk." Trinity said, walking our to where I was. 

"So what if I am?" I laughed. "I'm full of soup!" 

"And she's saying random shit." 

She grabbed my shirt and pulled me up. 

"Tell Ashley what you did." 

"It's not that deep! It's not a pool!" I laughed. "Oh man I crack myself up." 

"Fine. Go lie, be drunk, get railed by your friend over there, I just don't care. Just go away. I hate you." She said, letting go of my shirt. 

"I'm not doing that." Tara said. 

"Well that's how these things usually end!" 

"I absolutely hate you. More than you hate me." I said. "I hate you so much you remind me of my mom. You ruined my life by saving it. I'd rather have burned in that stupid building. That's how much I hate you." 

It didn't hit me what I had really said, but she walked away. 

"She didn't really mean that. She's just drunk. We're all drunk!" Ashley said. "We won't remember this in the morning!" 

"You didn't mean that did you?" Tara asked. 

"I did."  I replied. 

"I don't think you did." 

"I most certainly did."  I said, stumbling into my room. 

"You didn't mean it you silly goose." 

"I did, you silly goose." 

"Silly goose. That's a funny word." She laughed, and then we both broke down into laughter. 

"You don't remember anything from last night?" I asked Tara randomly. 

"Not much. I bet you don't either? We talked about this already."  

"Well..." 

"Tell me. You remember something. Tell me." 

So I told her what I remembered, leaving out an obviously unnecessary detail. 

"And I don't know why I said it, but I told Trina that I hated her so much that I hated her more than my mom." I finished. 

"Oh my-"

"I'm just hoping she doesn't remember." 

----------

Eventually everyone rose from the dead and Tara and I took on the task of making pancakes as they all slowly moved about my house. 

"This place is spotless!" Ashley said, coming down the stairs. 

"We had all morning." Tara laughed. 

"We also went out for breakfast, then watched TV inside of the fort in the living room." I said. "Who wanted these pancakes? Kelley?" 

"Those are mine!" She said happily taking the plate from the counter. 

By 2:00, mostly everyone had cleared out except Trinity, and I got my stuff to go to the gym. 

"Ash, I'm going to the gym, I'll be back in 2 hours!" I yelled to her. 

"Wait, don't leave yet!" She said, running towards me then sliding using her socks to get between me and the door. "You can't go yet." 

"Why not? This place is spotless. You said it yourself." 

"I have to ask you a question."

"Go ahead." 

"Do you remember anything from last night?" 

"You couldn't have asked me that when I got home?" 

"Answer." 

"I mean maybe." 

"What do you remember?" 

"You throwing your clothes." 

"Do you remember why I did that?" 

"Um....you were mad at me or something?" 

"About what." 

"Ashley I said you could ask me one question." 

"One more." 

"Fine. Make it worth it please." I sighed. 

"Put down your stuff and come sit on the couch." 

"Ashley it's one question!" 

"Alright fine." Ashley took a deep breath. "Did you really kiss Trinity last night?" 

"Do we really have to do this while she's here?" I asked, looking for her. 

"She's upstairs! What's the difference?" 

"That's a question." 

"Answer my first one." 

"Or what?" 

"Or...or else!" 

"Or else what?" 

"Or else! Just or else!" 

"I'm not scared of you, Ashley. I could snap your arm easily. We're not little kids anymore." I said, reaching for the door. "And even then I still beat your ass at everything." 

"That's not true." 

"Really?" 

"No it's not." 

"Alrighy then." I said, and walked out. 

I decided to do this just to fuck with her. Really, I had no idea if I kissed Trinity or not.

"And Ash? The answer is yes."