Chapter 20

Kane's P.O.V
I hold kat until she starts screaming. Immediately I shake her trying to wake her. She jolts awake. Her breathing becomes heavenly as she starts hyperventilating and shaking violently. Pulling her into me even my touch wasn't enough to call her down. Hilding her against me bridal style I sit on the bed rocking her.
"K-k-kane"
She barley was able to make out my name before her breathing picked up again. Continuing to hold her I nuzzle her neck slowly running my tongue over her mark. He breathing slows making me kiss it. Slowly her breathing goes back to normal. Kat shoots out of my arms and across the room to the other side. Her body thumps against the opposite wall. She curls into herself silently sobbing. Jumping off the bed I launch myself towards her. I position myself in front of her forcing her to look at me. She whines flinching back and moving away from me. Making a move towards her she moves away.
"D-don't t-touch m-me"
I feel my eyes turn black hating being ordered around, and not holding my mate. Grabbing her she thrashes screams. Her shaking hands are in front of blocking me or whatever she was scared of.
"Hey,..........."
She continues fight me which makes me desperate she's been hyperventilating for like 5 minutes now.
"HEY"
She slowly looks up at still shaking and takin short jagged breathes.
"Kat, it's just me, hey I won't hurt you remember"
Reaching out to touch her she doesn't flinch making me slam her body against mine. She silently sobs against me with little teas hitting my bare chest. She grasp at me trying to get a hold on me. were still on the floor but I don't care I want to make sure she's all right. kissing her forehead she looks up at me with tears still in her eyes.
"Kane, u-um it was so real h-h was alive my brother and he had left m-me there. then I had my first beating. it went on for d-days"
It was hard to understand what she was saying but I heard every word. my face held sadness that turned to anger which gave her a weary look. She continues to stare at me small tears trail down her face.
"Kat,"
I don't want to tell her the truth but I knew she needed to know.
"Kat that wasn't a dream little one it was memory" I tried explaining it to her slowly but she gave me a blank face.
"W-what"
Her eyes widen as tears rush out of her eyes once more
"No no no, he left me, he doesn't love me"
She said the last part so soft I barley heard her. I didn't know what to say but I know she doesn't either. Her shoulders slump and she lunges into my open arms. Holding her close i whisper into her ear.
"I love you"
She looks up her eyes wider than usual
"You do"
Chuckling a little at her cuteness I know I do in my heart with everything I have.
"Yes little one I do love you"
She looks down but I don't expect her to say it back I mean her heart is already broken from so many things I know it will take time. She inhales sharply looking up at me.
"Kane"
"Yes little one"
"I think I do to I think I love you"
Picking her up I lay her on bed.
"Come on little one sleep I know your tired, if I'm not here when you wake up I'll be down in the kitchen making us some food"
She nods but opens her mouth then closes it again. shifting her eyes she decides to ask.
"Don't you have paperwork Kane"
I shake my head laughing.
"No little one"
"But then why did my old alpha have to do paper work"
"Because he was stupid and probably been delaying bills or letters that are very important."
She sighs rolling on to her side sleeping as I pull the ballet over her. pulling up the back of her shirts I check her cuts seeing they were almost gone. kissing her forehead I watch her for a minute. slowly climbing into bed with her I remember what she said earlier her beating lasted for days. how many other times has that happened
............................