Chapter 31

Kat lays on my stomachs asleep soundlessly. She was going through heat so every once in a while she would start burning up. Her shirt was off so she was laying in her undergarments and we didn't have a blanket on. Id probably say this is the hardest moment of my life. My wolf was clawing at my surface willing to take her anywhere anytime. I feel her body start heating up as she starts to whimper and thrash. Holding her she try's anything to get the heat away from her. It takes a minute but she wakes up crying. I know my skin is like ice to her so I try to press her against me as much as I could.
"K-Kane please m-make it stop-p"
She's sobbing into my chest as her arms come around my neck. Her body feels like fire against mine and I know something wrong. Standing up she dangles from my neck and I take hold of her. I don't put clothes on her knowing it would make it worse as I run down the stairs and across the front to the pack house. Running into the hospital wing Jakob is waiting for me in one of the main rooms. Laying her down she clings to me trying to get rid of the fire burning within her. I lay against her side as she tries to keep her body as close as possible.
"Alpha"
I look up to Jakob as he has a questioning look.
"She's burning even I can feel her burning i don't know what's wrong she just feels like fire."
He puts his hand to her face but jumps back as soon as they touch. His eyes bulge as he gets closer. He runs his hand over her stomachs and I growl. No one touches what's mine.
"Sorry alpha"
Kat still cuddles into me tears dripping down her face trying to get away from the pain.
"Alpha, her fever is way to high and I can smell her heat but I've never seen anything like this."
Everything goes into chaos as she screams and jake scrambles around his desk looking through papers. He turns his eyes holding panic.
"Mark her"
As soon as those words come out of her mouth I extend my canines tearing into her skin. She cries out but her body falls limp in my arms. Jake sighs in relief and Kat whimpers in appreciation.
"Alpha um is it okay if I do a check up on her because that should've never happened."
I nod my head standing from the bed taking Kat with me. She clings to my body not wanting to let go. I try pulling away so he could take tests but she mumbles something incoherent.
"What little one"
"Kane I don't have clothes on"
She whimpers almost crying out her words. her face looks pained as she still clutches me. I grab a hospital gown and slide if over her relaxing her nerves. It bugs me that she hates her body. She was beautiful no matter what.
"Alpha can you set her on the scale"
Picking her up I lightly put her on the scale. My facial expression turns to horror as I read the scale. 84 pounds. Jakes face is the same as mine as he chuckles lightly but in a fake tone. Kat looks up at me but shrinks away as she sees my face.
"Did did I do something w-wrong"
"No darling your just really small that's all"
She nods her head slightly not fully understanding. Kat reaches her arms out to me and I pick her up and set her down on the bed. He takes her blood, takes her temperature, and some other weird stuff. By the time he's done she just lays there staring at me waiting to go home. I smile at her and she smiles back. I loved her smile.
"Well alpha were done here and it's about 3am so I know we all want to go to bed. But ah If that happens again do not mark her it will make it worse you've already mixed the alpha gene while she's in heat so it's to recent to mark her again. If it does happen bring her down here."
Nodding my head I slide off the bed shifting Kat so she sits on my hip. She lays her head down on my shoulder as we walk back. It didn't take us long but as I opened my front door Kat was sleeping soundly in my embrace.
................
Kats heat ended in the middle of the night and we were both exhausted. I twirl a strand of her hair around my finger waiting for her to wake up again. I start tapping on her hip trying to make the time go faster. I can feel my wolf slowly waking and he just wants to touch her. I debate on whether letting him loose was a good idea.
Awe come on man give me a treat
I could feel the desperation in his words. I slowly let him take over knowing her wasn't going to force her into anything.
Kat was already on my stomach and I slide from underneath her. Sliding off her shirt she shifts but doesn't wake. Her back was bare as I refused to let her wear a bra to sleep in. I start at the bottom slowly kiss up her back. She jolts awake struggling a bit till i growl at her. She stays still as I bring my hands up rubbing circles into her back as my wolf fills his need. I come back up her back moving so I can kiss her neck. She lays on her stomachs still but I can feel her urge to run over. But I knew she wouldn't that would leave her bare to me. I turn grabbing my shirt and slip it over her head . She sighs in relief but I wasn't done. I switch positions so she sits up straddling my chest. her hands and holding her up as she freezes above me. I wait for her to move but she frozen. She was scared.
"It's okay baby don't be shy."
She shifts her eyes up to me but as soon as we make eye contact she shrinks away.
"Touch baby your alright"
She nods her head almost in tears and I'm curios to why she is nearly cry. My thoughts vanish as her fingers trace the muscle on my abdomen. I twitch for a second reminding my wolf that he wasn't aloud to do anything else. I try to stay still but it's so hard not to reach for her. Her hands are shaky like she committed a crime. A few tears drop down her face and I move my arm to wipe them. As soon as I moved my arm though she jumped back from my lap backing up against the corner of the bed. I sigh. Crap I've scared her. My wolf was still in control so he was calling the shots. He surprised me when he slides her over to pulls her to us. Gently he nudged her head a comforting gesture used in wolf form. She whimpers slightly at my touch and my wolf nearly goes on a rampage knowing someone has caused this. He gives me back control knowing right now she needs me the most.
"Kane I-im sor-ry I-i just and um"
I cut her off by pressing my lips firmly against hers. I hold it for a second before I break the kiss pulling her to my chest.
She cuddles up pulling the blanket over us. for right now we were fine we were happy.

And I'm declaring war on her pack.

+++++++++++++++