Chapter 28

Nothing.
My body was numb feeling nothing. I couldn't breathe. Another panic attack pushed its way forward as I reach for my mate. I was sitting on his lap and as soon as I reach for him he's on me in an instant. My body heaves as I break. Nothing. Broken. He kisses my mark calming me down enough for me to breathe but I still feel like I'm drowning. No tears. There's no more to cry. Kane hovers over me trying to get my attention. Not gaining it he whimpers his eyes pleading. See his expression I can't take it and a sob escapes my lips. He pulls me closer trying to almost somehow squeeze me back together but I'm so far gone. He holds me as I sob my body heaving as I shatter. A drop of water falls dripping down my face. Kane was crying. Somehow it made me cry harder clutching him never wanting him to leave me. The words that flowed through my brothers mouth mock me. Haunting me. Breaking me. He was the one that had saved me from everything. Like a superhero. But even superheroes have there down falls. Its not even the words that hurt the most. It was his meaningful tone which was laced with mockery and fake disappointment. Like I had failed. This pain felt worse than a beating, worse than losing someone forever. Why? Because you have to deal with it everyday knowing they still believe it and nothing could change there mind. It was reality. It's the feeling of no one cares about you. The feeling of drowning when your so close to the surface. The feeling of betrayal. That's what broke me. My own brother. Flesh and blood. But somehow I kept going for him. Not my brother for my mate. Knowing he still cared. Knowing he would love me even if I was broken. He was my new superhero but my superheroes different. My superhero doesn't have his downfalls. Sure there's tough times but he'd always be there to save me. No matter what happens he would be there. My own Superhero.

Kane was my superhero.
.........................