Chapter 35

I was awaken by a crash that startles both me and Kat. She rubs her eyes yawning like a small child. I'm about to get up before I see the room. It was trashed. What the hell. A little hand clutches at my shirt with shaky hands. I turn and pick her up but she still shakes my shirt an little trying to get my attention. I turn and she looks a little nervous.
"K-kane who was t-the s-scary m-an."
I freeze. Naw it's not possible. I feel her heartbeat pick up as my eyes start to darken.
"What are you talking about." I ask my voice becoming deeper as my wolf comes out. Her eyes hold alarm and she leans out of my arms trying to get back on the bed. Pulling her back up I grip her chin but she avoids eye contact. I extend my claws a little bit digging them into her face but not drawing blood.
"Answer me" she cries out her hands instinctively coming up to hold my wrist.
"The m-man las-st n-night, th-the t-the o-one w-who said h-he was y-your b-bubba."
Crap. I pull some of my gym shorts onto her body having to pull the string a long way. I smell food so I'm guessing he's downstairs making some. Kat follows behind me slowly sensing my anger. We walk downstairs into the kitchen. he turns from the stove with a smug smile.
"Morning brother, are you going to intorduce us now." hesitantly I pull her from behind me and I his line of sight. His head tilts in curiosity as she pushes her body back into me. He licks his lips and I pull her behind me again.
"why are you here"
He doesn't answer and turns back to the eggs.
I sit Kat on one of the bar stools and I come to stand beside him. Tapping against the counter I growl to which he smirks.
"I can't come and visit my brother." I know he wants something. That's the only reason he's ever come and I have a bad feeling that I know what he wants.
"No you can't now tell me why your here before I drag you out of my territory by your throat."
I'm nearly growling out my words by the end. His smirk becomes wider and my growl becomes deeper.
"I think you know why I'm here." I launch myself at him, my hand constricting around his neck. I drag him out the door and Kat follows hesitantly. He struggles his body dragging on the floor in my hold the entire way but I was to angry to let him go. I drop him outside of the boundaries deep int he woods and he spits out some blood from the few times I punched him on the way here.
"She will be mine, remember that."
He runs off with those words and I fight the urge to chase him down. I turn to find Kat slowly backing away from me. She can sense my urge to show her she's mine. Her hands come in front of her as I take slow predatory steps towards her. She turns and runs. And you know how alphas are. You run we chase. And that is her mistake. It takes a minute and I find her darting straight to the pack house. I come behind her and pick her up slamming her back into me. She kicks and squirms knowing what's about to happen. I rush into our room slamming it shut behind me. I lock it and turn towards her shaking body. I have the perfect idea. I have to talk to her anyway. I point towards the bathroom and she shifts her eyes there and back fear clouding in them I between glances. Her breathing hitches and she shakes her head. I let out a snarl. I'm not messing around. She drops her head walking in front of me into the bathroom. I turn the bath on turning the nob until the water streams out warm. I plug the bottom turning back to kat. Her body is shaking as she stares at the water. I grab the front of her shirt and pull her towards me. Pulling the top of her shirt she refuses to lift her arms. I give up and tear the shirt and the rest of her clothes. She gasps trying to cover her body while I stare. I shut off the bath water and place her in. Immediately she scoots to the corner of the bath trying to hide herself. I strip and slide into the tub reaching for kat. She curls into herself her body shaking. I sigh forcing her into my lap. She squirms which doesn't help her situation. I moan into her neck my breathing becoming pants. Her small hands find my chest pushing slightly so she doesn't set me off. Placing kisses down her neck I start nipping and sucking at the sensitive skin. I bite down on my lip knowing I had to talk to her. I place my hands on her thighs keeping her still so I can talk.
"Alright baby listen." I run my hands along her body and she nods making eye contact. I take a deep breath. I wasn't going to give her the details. I didn't want her to be scared of him taking her. And the details are a little scary.
"So my brother and I were best friends always, I mean we are only 5 months apart anyways that was until we turned sixteen you see my parents wanted us to choose who was alpha. I was always more dominate but her was older so we were both were up for the running. We were always a little competitive so our parents put us through tests were we both very good at them but when we went through alpha standard tests I beat him by a long shot. My parents told us and Anthony wasn't so happy. He turned evil yelling at my parents about how they always loved me more. He was out of control, he killed them with his bare hands, I don't even know how, I just know he did. He came after me next but I overpowered him dropping him off my land. I lost my best friend and my brother. And that's not even the full story"
I look up at Kat to see tears slowly stream down her face. She was feeling my pain from all those years ago. I give her a weak smile wiping her tears. She pulls me into a hug and I smile glad to get that off my chest. I take a deep breathe taking my mind off him. Now back to Kat. She knows she shouldn't away run from me. As if reading my mind she shrinks back. I wash myself then corner her. I put some body wash in my hand as start scrubbing her body. I wash over her privates taking my time and she screams out. I pull my hands away and she jumps away from my starting to have a panic attack. I touch her and her head snaps towards me. I pull her into a kiss showing her my love towards her trying to calm her down. She flinches back and from all the commotion water started to splash everywhere. And the bathtub was huge I mean I am the alpha so there was a lot of water. Lunging at her I pick her up to which she screeches and cries in my hold. I stand wrapping a towel around her. She shakes her breathing fast and scared. I kiss her temple but it doesn't work. I grip her hips and wrap a towel around mine. Walking into the bedroom I lay her down softly trying to get air in her lungs.
"P-please alpha p-please d-don't" she sobs pushing against me. I growl in frustration and sadness. I don't know if she was replaying a memory or she thought I was going to force her to finish the mating process. She screams at the growl and she sobs harder. Clutching the towel she lets it go and covers her eyes. I lay over her trying to find a way to get her to breathe normally. I kiss her mark, her chin, her jaw, her cheeks, her forehead, and nothing.Rubbing soothing circles into her hips her heart beat starts to slow but not her breathing. I put some of her undergarments on and remove the towel. Pulling on some boxers I continue trying to help her. Kissing down her stomach only makes it worse so I hover over her again.
"Kat babygirl it's just me, remember I'd never hurt you." I whisper in her ear quietly and her breathing starts to slow. She lays still tears still running down her face.
"K-Kane p-lease hel-p m-me" she cries out barley pronouncing her words. I hold as she sobs trying to understand what she thinks is wrong with herself.
I was going to save her. From herself.
I roll onto my back and I lay Kat upon my chest. Her fingers start to trace my stomach muscles and my fingers run through her hair. kissing her forehead I mumble an 'i love you' and she murmurs it back. She cuddles into me clutching at my body as if I was the thing holding her together. But I knew i was. And I also knew we had to finish the mating process or else she's going to have to go through another heat. Shes going to be mated by the end of the week no objections. As for my brother that was a whole different story and another reason we need to finish the process.

Hopefully not by force.

......................