Chapter 23

Kane's P.O.V
She stares at him. Nothing else. Sitting in this silence was honestly very hard to do.
"Why"
Her voice came out chocked and small as Danny turns his head. I grip Kat harder against me as she shakes. Struggling in my grip Kat sobs. Turning towards me she shuffles in my lap and I hold in a moan because this is a sensitive moment. She thrashes some more trying to get my grip off of her.
"Kat stop your going to open your wounds."
She continues thrashing about and I have to stop her before they open again. Picking her up over my shoulder she kicks and punches trying to get away from me. Growling I push her down on the couch in my office as soft as I can. Hovering over her I growl and she calms at the site of my darkened eyes. My wolf wanted her and liked this position that's the only reason there dark. She attempts to sit up, but with a growl she lays back. I motion Danny to sit on the chair opposite of us. Kissing Kats mark she calms and I sit back. pulling her into me I lay back with my feet on the couch. Kat lays on my chest as Danny opens and closes his mouth.
"You wouldn't, no you couldn't handle the life as a rouge, so I left you at the pack so they would keep you safe, delcan would never let anything happen to you so I knew you were in safe hands, I knew my best friend would do anything to protect you."
Kat shakes her head as her eyes held betrayal and tears. Slowly they drop down her face one by one. pulling her face towards mine I look into her eyes. well I tried but she turned and my wolf came forward already on edge from Kats crying. Gripping face she whines out but I search her eyes finding what I was looking for. Hope.
I knew she hoped that wasn't the reason he left her that there was some other reason besides her not being strong enough. she whines out again from my digging my fingers into her face. Danny growls out and I let her go. Her fingers find her face as she sobs head in bow. Picking kat up then standing up I glare at Danny.
"Get out" he walks out the door and I'm right behind him. I watch from my staircase as he makes his way into the pack house. pushing a kiss against Kat she cries out and I walk her to our room. setting her down on the bed she nearly falls but I manage to catch her before she hits the floor. she stares at the wall and I shake my head. Her eyes lost her shine as soon as those words left her brothers mouth.
"Kat"
She jumps back away from me. reaching out she trembles and flinches as I touch her. picking her up she shakes even more and I realize he was the last thing holding her up. slowly I walk into the bathroom and set her down on the toilet. Turning the bath nobs I set it to a reasonable temperature. turning around Kats head is down as she sniffles tears still dropping from her face. slowly I pull her up pulling my shirt off her head. he arms immediately go around her stomach and I'll let it slide but any other time I swear she most likely won't like the consequences. I pull off her shorts and she stares at me with wide eyes. Pulling her face towards mine I'm careful to remember the imprint on her face from my fingers. Looking her in the eyes the entire time I undress her until she's fully undressed. Sliding her in the bath she clutches my arm. one tear drops rippling the bath water as she plea's
"Kane please don't leave me."
.....................